Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sunflower placemats completed

Gosh , after a little over a week my sunflower kitchen table placemats are finished! I have learned several things like" being perfect is unattainable for me. : ) No matter how hard I tryed - perfect just did not happen.

I learned : having a idea all of your very own can become just as challenging as using a store-bought  pattern. I learned it can take a lot longer than you would ever dream.  But, I also learned that  the project should not be My main goal because it is the process that teaches you as you go along.

And last, but not least - I learned that just because I have sunflowers - does not mean that Summer is here  at all. LOL

I also learned that "puppy - kisses" can help you over come a lot of challenges.

I learned that sisters can be the total opposites.

I learned that finishing a project - no matter how far out field it seems you stray- is a nice satisfying feeling because I kept trying as hard as I could to finish my goal.The one in the back with bigger petals is to be the centerpiece.I wish I had a kitchen table to put them out on.

Tomorrow will make 3 weeks that I have had this "creeping crude" -but I am hoping that it will go away because I am not coughing that terrible deep  hacking cough as much today! Yea! I love that! : 0

Well, my next goal is a birthday shirt for a 'virtual sister". Boy, time is running out for me - I did not realize it was so close?? Where in the world did Jan. and Feb. go to??????????? Just think if those two are already gone -that Christmas is just 10 months away!!!!!!!!!!!

I also got our hardwood floors cleaned today and I am always proud of that. I think the floors are the prettiest thing in our teeny little house-probably because DH installed them . That was quiet a Learning Experience for me! That is a Lot of work. : )

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on fishing your Sunflower placemats. Well done.

    Hope your cough goes away soon and you feel better.

    thanks for reminding me Christmas is only 10 months away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The placemats are adorable! Well done on getting them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What unusual placemats!!! They are so cool!

    ReplyDelete