Thursday, March 10, 2011

I have had an exciting evening

This beautiful day started out with a light rain when I went out to do morning chores, so I hurried and did the outside chores first. Back indoors about an hour later and I fixed DH and I some oatmeal, his was plain and mine had my beloved blueberries in it.I had caught the blueberries on sale last month and froze them. That way I don't lose them , plus I love them frozen as treats. I would have them every day if I could afford them -especially since I have learned that they are so good for my eye problems.

My next treat was  heading to the sewing room  . Yesterday I had cut out a shirt pattern for my brother-in-law for Christmas. Yes, I am starting on my Christmas list already, but I have pondered about putting the shirt on E-bay or Etsy ? I wish there was a simple, honest sewing that I could do from home and support myself


I was so grateful that the pieces were already cut and the design already picked out . I had enlarged the design. That is one feature that I love about this machine - I can sew out larger designs! I so carefully made the sandwich of knit , stabilizers and sprayed it in place-then hooped it all together and went to town. What  a wonderful feeling of mixing fabrics and threads and turning it into something that someone can use! : -)

I love watching the design "come to life" right before your eyes.  The next part to sew out would take some time so DH and I had our supper while it was sewing out.Before our oldest son fixed this machine I would not have DARED to walk out of the room and leave this machine alone!  We had our vegetable soup and sandwiches just in time for this design to finish up and I had to call it quits for the day. It was time for me to get ready to go with Lynne to The Sewing Guild meeting.

DH drove me out to meet Lynne and then he went to visit with our kids . It was so wonderful to get to see Lynne and catch up with her adventures . I am still hoping just by being around her that some of her talent will rub off on me. : )

The meeting was so much fun with so many wonderful ladies - plus a couple of DH"s too. It turned out that one of the pretty , sweet gals had brought her DH, who was a doctor and he gave a presentation about kite making.But, these kites were a far different cry from my grocery store kite in my past.  He talked about some of the history of kites and then about all the different styles and about the pros and cons of different fabrics , plus the options for the spines of the kites. It was amazing. He even spoke about flying kites on the beaches because there is usually a 'steady' wind there. He had one kite that amazed me because it was unlike anything I had ever seen. It made them think of a maze turned into the shape of a arrowhead. He said it did not fly that great - but I would have hung it outdoors like you would a windsox. He appeared to be a "perfectionist " like Lynne because every detail was so finished.

He had a question and answer session and then it was a Sew and Tell where members brought what they had worked on and there was some Lovely items.One lady had worked with smocking on a child's dress and one had made a heirloom gown for a child . It was beautiful and  looked so dainty. Another had made   Mother and Daughter  aprons with some cute goose designed fabric. One lady had made a lightweight jacket out of denim, but she said  she could not wear it because it would leave a ring around her neck of black from the dyes? It was a lot of fun seeing what others were working on.

The meeting broke up and they had deserts and we came home. It was a lovely afternoon spent in good company. When DH and I got home we stopped at the mailbox and it was full -but not all bills this time. As we came up the driveway I started to get sick again. I came in the house and sorted the mail and I could feel the sick spreading over me so I dashed out the door just in time to barf all over the place.  This burden of getting sick just about every time I have to ride in the car is starting to wear on me?

After the bad was all over I came back in to ponder about a small package that had come in the mail? This very dear friend was from the land of snow and she has a sewing business centering around pet clothing which she enjoys so much. Hum???? Wonder what it could be?????

Well! Isn't he just the Cutest little owl that you ever laid eyes on - AND- he promised me that he will not eat my pigeons ! Doesn't that just make him too perfect! LOL Now, isn't that just the perfect ending to a perfect day. Aren't friends just the greatest gift we can have.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your little owl is so sweet! What a great surprise! I know that made your day. Does she have a blog so that we could visit? Do you think that you getting sick is vertigo? I hope you feel better soon. Oh and can I ask what kind of machine you have. I have a very cheap Brother and I embroidered my first name on a quilt yesterday. It will not do large designs but I was so proud.

    ReplyDelete