Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stormy Weather

We had plenty of rain and wind and rumbles of thunder last night and then today it has been sooo dark and foreboding. I felt rotten when we got up this morning and ate breakfast. As I was sitting in my chair watching the weather I dozed off to sleep and slept for about an hour. That must have revived me and I got warm , that always helps me to come back to life.

DH went outside to work on his tractor and found a line that was broken and I took advantage of this time to tear the living room all to pieces and steam clean the floor -plus run 4 loads of laundry and put them all away. By then I had sweat pouring off of me ?After being so cold first and then this now-it is very confusing to me. It seems to me that I have got so slow doing things now adays -it just does not make sense to me to find myself sweating profusely????

I actually did head to the sewing room, but got sidetracked by a phone call . Then I got sidetracked again when I was looking for papers from last fall when the mailman had threatened not to deliver our mail because the county had hired a company to put new asphalt down . They had left the asphalt  a few inches too high right at our mailbox. They told me to call  VDOT who manages our roads and I did go right straight and call, but they said it was not their problem -for me to call  the company who did the work -which I did and  she told me it was not their problem???  Although when I told her the mailman was not going to deliver our mail -she said o, in that  case  we will send someone with gravels to make it right - Which  they Never did - she had just fibbed at me to get rid of me.

SO, I guess the mailman thinks I did nothing so we received the Same nasty letter yesterday and says if we don't fix it by tomorrow he will not deliver our mail starting Monday. It upsets me because last Fall when DH was really fighting his cancer -he went to the creek and dug some gravels out of the creek and put them where the state had made this mess.  Of course we don't have the money to pay somebody to fix it  and since we did not ask for it and DH was so mad at the company because they had made such a problem  to start with.I don't know what to do, but I do know that it always upsets me when people just pass the buck all the time.So maybe this could have a bright side to the story - no more bills! LOL

You know how the best laid plans are - always seem to go astray! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment