Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rainy Tuesday

But I think it is beautiful as it is rain - NOT SNOW! Makes me know that Spring is only a week away! Yea! I just cannot believe that we made it through another winter.When I was a little girl I remember wondering If my family would Ever make it through a Winter without a death in the family. I was starting to believe that people only died in the winter-time?Hum? Wonder if that does have anything to do with me not appreciating Winter??

After I had completed my outdoor chores and feed us-I went to the sewing room . Wondering what kind of trouble can I get myself into??? I had scrapes of the blue camo left over so I remembered I had this baby pattern -so I pulled it out to check it out. I then discovered that someone had already cut one piece out and that would have been the size small . Well, at least that would be the size I needed? I studied my pattern for a while and realized that I did not have any snaps for the project and it was then as I got ready to put everything back in the envelope that I discovered whoever had cut the small size out had ACTUALLY left the rest of the cut out other sizes with the envelope. I thought well, It might not be my favorite way , but I could actually be VERY careful and not tear the tissue paper and I would be able to rebuild the other sizes.

But, I was somewhat intimidated  with the  thought  of working  on something baby????? As I was studying the camo pieces and measuring them - I discovered that I had Exactly enough to make one more t-shirt -so I drug out my pattern and proceeded to cut out a size men's medium.

Next of course was to decide upon a design??? So, that took some looking-but I got lucky and found one that was very easy to embroider. Now I was making some good progress. I got the design completed and as I turned to the serger I realized that it was not quiet happy with me. But , I trudged along and tried sweet-talking . The seam did not please me as I did the shoulders -so I went back across the shoulders with my regular sewing machine-just to reinforce it.

As my eyes gazed out the window I noticed it was getting dark on me so I took off the lock up my chickens and feed the guinea pigs and gather the eggs. I found another guinea pig dead and it makes me so mad because in my heart I know it is this different brand of food that I bought them. Spending money to kill off what you are trying to feed makes me VERY unhappy. I did call the vets and ask them about the situation and  the young man told me that having the feed tested would be VERY Expensive? IF I had the money I would gladly have it tested to help prevent others having this problem. Tomorrow is my counseling day and I am planning to go by a different store to see if I can get a different brand of feed that I used to use , hoping to save the few I have left.

While I was coming back to the house I got caught in a good downpour of rain. DH was on the phone when I came in and our youngest son had bought us some groceries and wanted to know if we could come get them. His wife had started her new job today and he was telling us his adventure . He had taken her to work because he wanted to keep the truck at home - just in case something would happen to the baby. He is the one with the terrible back problem. He said that when he got home he sat in the vehicle trying to figure out how he was going to get the baby in the house?? He finally took him out of his car seat and popped him under his arm like a bag of potatoes and the other hand using his cane and they both managed to make it in the house. I told him that he needed an elevator. : )

Meagan was telling me that the store policy is very strict about employees shopping there. It is a Goodwill store and she is not allowed to even shop there on the days she works. If someone comes through the line that is family  she has to call for someone else to check them out. IF she goes to another Goodwill store she has to notify the clerk that she is an employee of the Goodwill ???? Sounds crazy to me - but I am sure they have their reasons?

It is amazing how hapy groceries make you ! We were taking a bit on everything like a couple of kids. Matter of fact it reminded me of when I was little and Mama & I would carry the groceries in the house and I wanted to eat it all up. LOL He even bought me the biggest bag of frozen blueberries I had ever seen. Boy, I can have blueberry oatmeal for breakfast now! LOL I need the blueberries because of my eye problems . Blueberries are suppose to help with that. Of course I never met a blue-berry that I did not like! : )

We have such wonderful kids that I do SO appreciate!
Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment