Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday Bills

O Dear!
See the hesitancy on Snowball"s face? I think he picks up on my dread of "bill-day"! For some reason this month it is really getting to me? Maybe because it is just because this is the first time in our married life of 43 years that I am not able to figure out how to pay All the bills. That is a big let-down for me because paying bills has always been right at the top of my list of things I always figure out.

I went out and did all my outside chores and came in to try to figure out what to do? DH woke up with a terrible pain in his shoulder. He was writhing in pain -rolling from side to side in his bed and in his chair. I felt so helpless. So, first I called his doctor for an appointment as soon as possible-which turned out to be tomorrow. Then I mentally made a note to be sure to take that  off of the money to pay the bills-

Then  I  told DH that we could wait to go to the bank because he has that doctor appointment tomorrow -so  by making one trip do it all  that should save gas money -Gas , just continues to rise in price  and that is a big problem too. For instance  there is an Amish community about 20 miles from us and they are the only ones that carry that  Pararie Gold . It has the quality of the brown whole wheat flower - only it turns out kinda a light goal bread and does not taste quiet as strong. I want to learn more about this flour. So, I am trying to figure out how to accomplish everything for a month. Have you ever noticed how many things can happen in the month ahead that you had not planned for and some way or other -they all call for money.

So since we have about half a tank of gas-I know by the time that we go to the doctor and then the bank and then the Amish store that we will have to have gas. It has been taking 40.00 to fill up our tank-but just this week the prices have gone up to 3.25 - 3.49 a gallon. So if you spend 50.00 for a tank of gas and you cut that out of a hundred dollars for groceries for a month ???? You get my picture? I keep wondering how other people are managing? Maybe they are smarter than me and could teach me how to manage better? I scrimp every way I know to-including making my own detergent , turning off lights when I leave the room , not letting the water run all the time????  You know- just every little tip I learn.

So, after the plan to do bills changes to tomorrow I face a really nasty depression and yes, I am on medication for that. But the idea of attempting to rob Peter to pay Paul -is really wearing on my spirit. So I procrastinate for a good hour while we eat. Dreading it is not fixing it either - so I give in and start to lay them all out on my sewing table. Maybe having them in a environment  that I relate to as something good and creative -maybe that will help to ease the pain?

Next I  lay them all out and  attempt to assemble some order to my chaos? Would you believe that I spend the next four hours playing tag with numbers and it looks like I always come out losing.Phooey! So, as usual I turn to my furbabies for strength and appreciation.

 This is little Coco and Mocha and I love the little ankle-biters dearly.Just talking about them puts a smile on my face. They take away that feeling I have that I do not deserve to live because I cannot manage money   like I use to? So, see why they mean so much to me. I wonder , how are all of you coping?
Hugs - Linda

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. Everyone is struggling. I promise it is hard for everyone. Have you ever checked out http://www.daveramsey.com/home/ We have did this program and it really helps. Even if you do nothing but start listening to his radio show. But let me tell you that you are not alone. I dread bill paying day too. In these hard times you just have to do the best that you can. The most important thing is food, housing, and electricity. Everything else is secondary. Phillipians 4:13

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE often have to rob Peter to pay Paul too!
    It is a worry all the time.
    I heard recently there is a name for what we have: Frugal Fatigue!

    I hope you can sort out your finances....

    Oh and my car costs $120.00 to fill with petrol... that is $88 US

    ReplyDelete