Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Humpday

Well, humpday (middle of the week) has arrived . I woke up this morning and looked at the calendar and realized that  my "virtual sister) has a birthday and it is this WEEKEND!  So, I figure it takes around 3 days to mail something to her -or her to me. I know I have counseling this afternoon - so I fly into the sewing room and start working right off the bat.

I am lucky that I have pulled out a piece of fabric from my quickly shrinking stash - and for that I am grateful. I get it all cut out and then comes the hard part - deciding on a embroidery design- That can really lead me down the "yellow brick road" and get me lost -but I am determined to stay on course.

I find a cute kitty design -since she and I both love our kitties and once you add color to a design - it brings it to life.

I get the design sewed out and then turn it inside out so I can remove the excess stabilizer.

I had been keeping my eyes on the clock and knew I had to "hurry" along.  I do manage to get it all hemmed and then wrapped and even had the address within easy reach! Imagine that - I did not lose it! LOL

I grab a couple of cookies and go change clothes and we head off to the UPS store for delivery. We were a tad early so we sat there for 30 minutes until they opened. I really love this little girl that works the desk - she is always so sweet and funny. and it makes it so much more pleasant to be waited on by someone so sweet.

We then head off to my counseling and as we drive along I realize that I had neglected to  take a picture -in my rush to get every thing accomplished.

That is the second time I have done that  now - doing things in a rush  is not good, but with our fast paced world  I can easily understand it.  My session was wonderful - I always leave my counselor  with that just washed -fresh-clean feeling.

I had chores to do when we arrived home because I could not find the time to accomplish that  amidst  all the chaos. I was just so glad to be home. : )

Now , it is bedtime and I am pooped! Tomorrow is bill day and I always dread that day! So, me and the furbabies bid you farewell until we meet again! : )

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, SWEET and great gift for your 'sister'! I'm sure she will love it!!! If she has a blog...maybe she will post a picture of it on her blog. LET US KNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was the gift? It had a pretty design .... at least you remembered to post that eh?

    ReplyDelete