Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday , SO SOON!

How can it really be Friday again so soon? That means another week has just flown off and left me. I am also another week older - that is suppose to mean I am another week "Smarter''? But, I wonder about that??? You know that old saying , "The faster I go - the behinder I get? "  I think there might be a LOT of truth to that? Sometimes our lives are just on top speed for so long that we cannot find time to "listen to us?" We need to check in with "ourselves " at times so we can reaffirm who we are and what we love and just appreciate the gift of this life experience.

I know I have so many things to be grateful for . I have my animals that I love so much and treasure our interactions daily. I love my DH -who after 42 years -is just now becoming tame enough to behave himself some of the time.I appreciate how hard he works to cut wood to keep us warm in the winter time. That is a hard job. When I was much younger I decided to try my hand at that "chainsaw business". There was one little chainsaw that I could actually start. I gave myself a good lecture before I cracked it up. I had heard all the horror stories about chainsaw accidents so I also had a big dose of Respect for this trembling monster that I held in my hands.

I got it cranked and went to cut a small tree that was already down because I wanted to clear off this small pasture to have more grass for my horses. As I thought I "gently" eased the spinning blade down toward the wood it did not agree with my approach and it  bounced from the tree on the ground and next thing I knew it was right at my forehead . Talk about "Scared to death" as I had a moment of seeing it eat into my skull before I would even know what happened?

I was torn between scared to death - a little angry that I let it get to me and just plain stubborn. I did learn to run it well enough to get that little piece of pasture cleaned off and I was proud of myself , boy was is hard on your shoulders and back and arms and hands - and I was only in my twenties?

I have discovered that it just gets harder on your body as you age.Last summer there is a small corner in our yard where I have flowers and the pond and a crabapple tree that hangs over and touches the ground. DH would get mad everytime he mowed because it really is too tight to mow. We had both been ignoring it as the tiny piece of earth started showing the weeds just do not forget when they get a chance to grow. I happened to discover an electric weed eater in the basement and remembered a friend has given it to me. DH Hates electric saws and weed eaters. He says it is because you have to drag that electric cord around with you.I like the idea of something really starting and running for me. So, I pulled it out of the basement and went to town with that little bugger.

Now this is just a small little corner and by the time I had finished it - my arms and hands and shoulders were vibrating like the machine had been. By the time I got in and sat down to have a cold drink my arms felt like they were going to fall off. Then they went dead and would not work at all for me. Thank goodness it was then bed-time and I did not have to explain anything. SO, that gave me a whole new respect for weed-eaters!But, I REALLY LOVE my flowers and I REALLY do not like to upset DH - so we will just see how it goes this year, I hope.

I am beginning to wonder if Spring will really stay around or if she is just going to tease us because the boy at the mill where I get my feed told us today that they are calling for two inches of Snow on Sunday! I really hope he is wrong . I have had Plenty of Winter this year to keep me happy for a long time. IF ONLY we did not have to have a Winter - I would be so happy! 

I guess I can say I " APPRECIATE Winter because then I REALLY ENJOY Spring and Summer and Fall! A friend called today and told me that her  electric bill was going up and her taxes are going up(she pays TWO property taxes - one for the county and one for the city! And I think that stinks!) O, and the groceries are suppose to go up again. Gosh, I don't know how people are going to survive???

After we got home this afternoon DH went to work on his tractor. He had to get a fuel line while we were out . I was glad to see him go because I managed to sneak up to the building and unload all my feed except for one bag. He always gives me grief - but I have tried to tell him that he gets too upset when we do it together and I much rater  appreciate not having to listen to one of his Doug-fits! LOL But, now my back is complaining. Darn this age thing - it sure can be a "handicap". With pretty weather on the horizon I am hoping to Make time to exercise! But, for some reason it just seems like a challenge to Take time to help my health, because there is always something that needs doing -so other things get passed by ????

This "human-gig" is really Challenging! I wish I could get a handle on it.
O , another one of my blessings is all of you ! I have friends who live in this little black box and I can pop in and visit with them any old time and they do not mind one little bit! Now, that is what you call a REAL Friend!
Love to all! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment