Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Day Gone Astray!

Well, I had good intentions. I got all the outdoor chores completed and fed us and abandoned the dishes , just so I could have a perfect time with a  new project.At least that was my intentions.

 I rounded up a lot of my mixture of cotton fabrics I had there were "left-over" from previous projects. I really love these fabrics. They just present themselves and I have a love affair with them. Visions of possible get-togethers float through my head. I was pleased with myself for actually remembering where they were

.So I managed to pick out my first "center of attention" , next cut the 4 strips that frame the center. I was so pleased that I was on the right track and things were working out. HUM? I should have known that was a Sign????

My first boo-boo was when I "sandwiched" the top and center and back panel. I ALMOST sewed two back panels instead of one. But I was lucky and caught my mistake before it really "hatched". Shoot? I did not even have to do any "ripping" . LOL

It was about this time that DH passed through and wanted me to ride to the re-cycling place with him, but I begged off because I had all my "stuff" laid out on the cutting table and I could not leave it out because Miss Rosie would have a party if I were gone. Finally he agreed and he took off and I went back to sewing.

 I even managed to work on the "quilting " process.I discovered that Quilting Always gets me in trouble. Even though I had a gallion pins in it - the different layers wanted to walk on me??? I had already taken my Morning Walk and I did not want ANY kind of walking to be going on! So after a good disagreement - it ended up doing fairly good -at least for me??

By now DH had returned home and he carried the mail in. I checked it and decided to open the telephone bill! That was my downfall . For the last Four months we have had trouble with the phone people. They have told lie after lie after lie.I am so sick of fussing with them. They kept me on the phone for two hours -sending me from one department to another department.. The last two departments were financial where I had to tell the same story over AGAIN and he said that he did not do that work because he did not have access to the account -so he sent me over to accounting and she said she was going to send me BACK over to Financial-who had just sent me there???? As she was hunting for the phone number -the battery in my cordless phone went dead! AFTER TWO HOURS!

It left me with a busting headache and still a two-hundred Overcharge on this months bill . I need help. I don't know who you turn to , when the phone company refuses to help . I can't even take it to the office where we got our phones from because I did that two months ago and they said they could not help.So, I was almost in tears.I took a bit to calm down and then went back to the quilting part.

Well, shoot , I am having trouble getting a picture that you can see I actually got the "frame-work" all quilted out nice - I went with 1/4 inch between each quilting row and it came out fairly even. Then I made an X in the center. As you can see my sandwich is squeezing out a little , but I can trim that off.

Now, I need some bias to trim it all out in so I laid out a grid and went to cutting out  the strips to make it from. BUT, now my problem is that I have forgotten how to sew it together ?????? I know that my wee brain is just "FRIED" and it is bedtime???

I have accomplished a little something today, but I feel sure that it could have been better IF I had not had so many distractions.Plus, I still have that phone bill hanging over my head.: ( I don't know what else to do - I have the bills and I have the bank statements that show it was taken out ??????

I hope you guys have all had a better, more co-operative day. I mean it should have been such a wonderful day??? I had the day, I had a plan, I had the ingredients -BUT?????
Love and best wishes to all! : )



3 comments:

  1. Call your local OMBUDSMAN's OFFICE!!!
    They will help~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Cathy.

    For the binding Linda Google it and there will be a tutorial on how to do it Okay.

    Oh Do you have a walking foot on your machine??? It makes quilting through layers so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have trouble remembering how to sew bias together too! I have to google it all the time.
    I have sewn two backings on things too. Such a waste when you don't realise until it is finished!
    I hope you can sort out the telephone bill!

    ReplyDelete