Saturday, March 12, 2011

Intended for a brother-in-law

Can someone please tell me where my day has run off and left me to????It's just not fair for these days to disappear so fast.I got up and neither DH or I was feeling too great so we took our time eating. After he went out to cut some wood, I cleaned the dishes and vacuumed the house.By then I was so tired I could barely move so I sat down to rest and drink a glass of lemon aid . When I got my second wind I went outdoors and did all the critter chores.

As I was heading back to the house I spotted a job I had been putting off. My peony was showing its little self and I needed to transplant it because it fills up that space in the Summer and I decided that I wanted to put some small herbs there since it is headed into the kitchen.I managed to get 4 starts from that one clump and hope they all survive.

I headed back to the house and spotted this weed that loves to take over the world right in my flower bed. So, it was my duty to stop and try to evict that booger. It was tougher than I figured so I got the shovel and slid it right under the pest and piled them all in a lump which turned out to be a treat for all the guinea pigs and some of the chickens.I told myself I was not going to over do this year -I do not want any more pain to have to fight with-so that small area is looking good for this day.

Came back in the house and fixed us supper which consisted of baked tilapia and green beans and coleslaw and DH came through the door just as it was ready. Talk about timing? After we ate I cleaned it up AGAIN and headed to the sewing room.

Back to that shirt and yes , I did finish it . So, that will be a Christmas present for my brother-in-law .

I had played with the idea of trying Etsy or Ebay-but while I was hemmin I noticed a small hole in one of the seams that the needle had punched in it and then I discovered that the seams under the arm just did not line up perfectly like I wished it would.

This is the design I settled for and I really do like it. This is a size medium in men's sizes.Well, my body is "pooped " once again . I hope everybody has had a day just perfect for you.
hugs

4 comments:

  1. Granny it would seem that we're both working on Christmas gifts - my 3 stuffed Tomte dolls are gifts as well! ;) Thanks for pointing out that I hadn't explained about them on my blog - I fixed that :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your embroidery designs. I need to play with my machine and see if I can figure how to do more than just what is in the machine. I am out of town but will check and see the model # on my embroidery machine when I get home and see if it has capabilities to do more. You just do so much stuff. I did put a name on a baby quilt but it looks small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt is just lovely.
    I would love to see more photos of your yard, your animals... the creek, bla bla bla!

    Our day was PERFECT... absolutely wonderful! The best day out in the sun, at the beach EVER. Photos tomorrow so you can see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your little herb garden. What will you plant? The shirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete