Sunday, March 20, 2011

You Would Be Amazed ?

At how long you can get "sucked into an embroidery project"!What should have only taken about 45 minutes has turned into 2 hours. It would have been 3 hours but I took an hour off for a break because I discovered a Celtic special on tv and DH happened to doze off to sleep just in time! This group was called Celtic Thunder and they sure won my heart. They were all different ages and each one got to do an individual special and I liked that . I think that might have been the "best part " of my day.

I was having visions of a day sewing when the grandkids showed up to help Pawpaw cut wood again. Boy, these Sundays sure do roll around fast. I did not have beans ready so I went to the basement and raided my potato bucket . They had started growing like crazy. They do not keep as well down there since DH ran the heat vents two years ago.

I took them up and peeled for a while and then fixed the biggest pot that I have Full of potato soup. When they all came in I sat the peanut butter out if they wanted sandwiches. After they left I did my evening chores and headed to the sewing room for what I thought was some fun. But it turned out that the embroidery machine was up for another fight. It broke threads about every 15 stitches. It was totally miserable, but I had already started - too late to turn back now.

I snapped a couple of pictures , but when I went to post them - the BATTERY in the camera was dead-so I am charging it!????

Well, I might have lost a few battles -but I have won the war -it is now finished the design! I am pooped so I am going to "shut up" and say good nite before I mess up something else . I will look forward to tomorrow and hope I will be able to complete this project without any more challenges. One thing that might give me trouble is this material is a piece of jersey knit I picked up before Wal-mart quit selling fabrics -for a dollar a yard. It is VERY THIN and it is VERY SOFT - so it might just give me trouble hemming it???HUMMM??? I might just consider giving it the lettuce hem? I like it, but not so many people do, but since this is to be a summer shirt for me it is safe to test it out????

Sending love to all!

2 comments:

  1. You are making YOURSELF a shirt! OMG about time too... you are always making things for other people. I hope you wake up to a lovely almost spring day with no mad guinea fowl chasing the hubby! lol
    Make him wear his white shirt me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the pictures. And I wanted you to know that you have inspired me to start trying to learn more about my little embroidery machine! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete