Sunday, March 27, 2011

One Time a Year.

That camera and I are having a hard time with each other. Every Fall I sit out on the front porch and there is an apple tree that claims that porch as Half his. and the little knotty apples are so easy for me to reach. I pluck a few and sit in my swing and peel and chop the apples and then take them inside and put them and their spices in the crockpot  and let them go to town. HUM???? Just the smell is enough! Then I freeze the mixture and freeze them until the perfect time presents itself to fix fried apple pies.

It is always such a mess and I probably get more ON me than in the pies. : ) I certainly made my share of boo-boos this go round! The first one I dropped in the Trash can as it slipped from my hands. The next one fell apart just as I lowered it into the pan. The next one turned sideways on me and looked just like a fish swimming with its fins sticking up into the air. I was starting to get very disheartened -when they took pity on me and co-operated with me for the rest of the job.

And, timing is every thing. I had the last two coming out of the pan JUST as DH and James came in the house! I like for everyone to get them just as they come out of the pan because they are always better hot. I must have done something right because DH did a lot of HUM and HUM_HUM! : -) So that made it all worth while !

But, these I really made for the young man, James who has come every Sunday this Winter to help DH cut and carry wood. This can never repay him for all that he does to help us, but I do like to try. : )

I hope everybody has had a wonderful weekend!
Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. please tell me how you fix your pies. what do you use for a crust? thanks. a faithful reader from hickory nc.

    ReplyDelete