Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Best Laid Plans?

Even Cocoa had trouble helping me keep to the plan. I started off with the plan to feed DH, go outdoors and do chores -get ready to go to counseling -come home and finish the next shirt.I did get the first part completed.But when it came to finishing the shirt and posting a blog -that is where it took a left turn south?

DH was working on his ATV and discovered a part was broken beyond being fixed so I put him on E-bay thinking that would take him an hour or so- WRONG- it did not take him 5 minutes and then he wanted me to pay for it. Well??? His computer is the newest one that came from the surplus shop and it turned out I had not even got around to getting all the correct information in it.Then he turned on the tv and was on a story I had wanted to see so I was between watching the program and running back in the kitchen during commercials and hunting the information I needed. Which of course cost me about 2 hours  before I got it completed for him.

Back in the sewing room it is now midnight and of course  I cannot finish the shirt because when DH  hollered at me the serger had  Just  gone on strike and I was in the process of rethreading it and have threads hanging  of in all directions. So, it would be hopeless to fix it and then hope it would co-operate  long enough to finish the shirt-with my luck - NO  WAY ! So, I am not going to make the mistake of making a sewing mess and having to work on that  another day.

I am just too stubborn  for my own good sometimes. I had been having a discussion with the serger for a  couple days now and  had made decent progress . I had complained to DH that I was having trouble with the stitches -and to you guys too about how challenging it is for me to  reorganize the serger once it gets mad at me.  DH had even suggested I change the needle thread because the thread of the stitches was showing through on the right side . But  , I had said no - I would try all the different angles first. Then today when  Everything went wrong I did change the needle thread and low and behold - all of a sudden you could not see them?????? DAH?????????????????????????  Of course that was when it decided to break the threads and cut the fabric and that was when we came to an abrupt halt.

Next I wanted to take a picture and of course I had left my camera plugged up downloading and it was a DEAD BATTERY! So, I have that charging now.

But , you know I had an interesting lesson this morning as I was heading toward the house? My broken ankle was hurting from the walking and I found a nice big rock to park myself on . Since I was nice and low to the ground the view was very different. I pondered how many of us are always in a rush and we are only looking near the ground at what we were attempting to accomplish ? My eyes went up toward the heavens -with all the clouds changing shapes and positions and I became mesmerized with my view. I can remember being a kid and laying in the grass watching how many shapes I could figure out. And now that I am definitely GROWN - I do not take the time to do that?

As I was studying this lesson and my neck got tired of looking up so I eased it down thinking about always looking down - I had good laugh -BECAUSE - now that I was so close to the ground -the view was very different down here -all the different little pebbles and little weeds and even little critters in a world all their own and even though  I do look at the ground Most of the time - here was a whole different world -in my world- that I was missing out on too!

My mind wandered back to last night when I had gone out to lock up the chickens and the sky was solid black and I realized that I could not even see - THE Little PINHOLES in Heaven were not shining their light because of the dark overcast clouds.

So, I thought it was a nice reminder for all of us that we have so many different views of our life and sometimes just changing your position gives you a whole new perspective on things. : )

Love to all and hope to see you tomorrow. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment