Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pink T-shirt - different hems-blind hems this time

Well, my dear virtual family , another Saturday has come and gone -leaving all of us with adventures to share.Our weather was perfectly beautiful! Tonight they are calling for a mix of snow and rain. It has already started to sprinkle rain and is two degrees above freezing so we are in good shape right now. I told DH that if the ice or snow did come for a visit that he and I would be so blessed as we lie sleeping through the night.I am so grateful that we do not have to be on the highway tonight. What a wonderful blessing !

I have accomplished quiet a lot today so I am very pleased with myself. I got all of the outside chores accomplished bright and early this morning and then straightened the house and ran 3 loads of laundry. I was moving right along  and then DH got hungry. Well, I did too so we had sandwiches. I forgot what he had , but I had a green pepper and cream cheese sandwich. Then he went out to play with his tractor and I went to the sewing room to play!

Remember this shirt from earlier in the week? It is the one with the lettuce hem all around .

And, this one has the kittie that is burping up the Red Feathers! Boy, does that bring back memories. I have always been so determined to find a way to have a "CAT" and a "BIRD" live in harmony. I had a really zealous bird hunter who was a beautiful orange and white kitty. I tryed every trick I could think of . I even got so desperate that I wired mouse traps all over the bird cage AND hung it 8 feet high when we were gone. HE really tried himself  . Since the mice traps were all snapped I knew he had tested himself. So, the next time I put all the mouse traps back on and I wired water ballons all over where there was room to put them between the mouse traps. We came home and I just knew I had outsmarted him. But, no I did not and the picture looked just like this design -with feathers all over the place and in his mouth too.

Well, I was so upset at myself for endangering a precious little bird that time went on for many years before I tried again! DON"T think that I did not want to kick myself in the behind BECAUSE the secret to my success is to use a water gun. Yep, it is that simple. One cat I trained while he was a kitten , and one came as an adult and the younger they are the faster they train, but with patience even an adult can be trained and now we all -human-cat -and bird live happily together! LOL

OK, so for some reason I was not satisfied with the first shirt and then it hit me that I could make another one and see which one I liked the best. There was no law that said I could not satisfy my curiosity????? This fabric is sooo soft and thin and it made it kind of a pain to work with. It wanted to curl up on the edges if you gave it the least little tug.So, I went very slow and tried very hard to get it to co-operate. Plus , on this one I put in a blind hem all around and I do think I like it the best. Then that camera gave me a fit -so I spent a couple of hours disagreeing with it. But, either way I did get it accomplished and I did get a picture (not a good one -but a picture) I kept thinking of Chris at Diet Coke Rocks and her new camera???? LOL

So, this is the blind hem and I really do like it better  and of course ??

Of course this kitty has yellow feathers which do not show up great - another camera/person disagreement.But even if I did have a few miscommunication with my toys it was a perfect evening for me. So the perfect ending to a week that flew by - again?

O, I ran across this blog today and thought of all you making "mug rugs" and thought you might enjoy this post from:    http://freebiesforcrafters.blogspot.com/2011/03/cottage-mug-rub.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi...on hems on Tshirts.............try this...press up a hem around 1-1/4"....choose a stitch on your machine that looks like a wave or ric rac.....sew your hem in place with this..the reason is....as you move and stretch, so will your hem and not break any stitches......

    ReplyDelete