Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sewers Block Lifted

It has been pouring down rain here today. I think the Earth has had a really good shower. : ) DH took over the tv and was watching an all day program on KILL IT  CLEAN IT EAT IT . It was all about introducing Young people to what they eat and how it happens. It was very educational-but being an animal lover , it was just not my cup of tea , today.

So I mossied into the sewing room and decided on a different technique. Instead of hoping a project would jump out in front of me I pulled out the fabric container and ran across this fabric. I had used it at Christmas and I really love it. This camera does not do it justice because it is pretty shades of blues and grays. Well , that got my wheels to turning and I pulled out my Christmas list to review who it would best represent ?

Once I had selected which person -I moved on to the pattern that was their size - only to realize that I needed to make adjustments to the size because at Christmas their shirt was too big in the shoulders . Once I pondered it I decided that I should just redraw the entire pattern , which I did and then marked one as the Person's name and the first one as a Regular Medium size.That took me a good hour

Now that I have it cut out and know who it will be for I must decide on a design?So, with a wing and a prayer I started poking through all my designs. I need to get better organized. I did pretty good on keeping up with my designs but I need to put the finished projects into which person a folder. That way I would not have to wonder IF I really did already make that design for them. As big as this beautiful world is - I want them to have a new adventure with each gift. : )

I did stop long enough to feed us -about an hour- and then came right back to continue. It is certainly true that you make better progress when you are rested because I am now tired and know I will have to feed us again ! So, I better stop and clean up most of my mess and try to organize things. I have located my design and I had to change the size of it. Got that completed and filed it right on the front of the desktop so I won't have to spend a week hunting for it. : )

I still have to feed us and that is going to be an experiment because it is going to be eggs and a bean sausage? I found the spices last week and just want to experiment with running the beans through a grinder with the spices. I have already had it draining for about an hour. This time maybe it won't turn to mush.LOL Maybe I should crush up some cornflakes that we have leftover, not enough for a person but maybe just enough for a sausage bean patty???????????? LOL I think I'll go find out? Curiosity might have killed the cat-but satisfaction brough him back -And-you know how that curiosity is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

This has really been a wonderful day for me. DH was occupied and I was not in a hurry so I took it slow and easy and not make as many mistakes as I have been known to do. The world outside is soaking wet so I know that our Mother Earth needs it. So, I would say this has been a perfect day , doing something that I love. : -)

1 comment:

  1. Linda...so glad you had a nice day! We all need that ... more often! How did the sausage turn out?

    ReplyDelete