Saturday, March 5, 2011

Not having very good luck with a CAMERA

Have you noticed that I am having trouble with my pictures??? GRRR!  My first digital camera was a free gift from the first internet dial-up service and I thought I was rich , indeed!  Then I discovered that it could only hold very few pictures so I gave it to my youngest son and his wife to take pictures of the baby.

Well, they brought it back to me to download the pictures and when I did it said if I installed it on my computer it could cause it to crash?????Even though I had it originally on that computer. The only thing I could figure was that the updates was not playing right now?

SO, I loaned them my  "favorite" little camera that was my second camera to learn on. I really liked that little booger because it was small and that made it easy to carry in my purse -plus I had upgraded the memory so it held many more pictures. Plus, it had the zoom feature and it also had a movie ability-nothing fancy -but still functional. But - since my son and I ARE related - he really likes most of the things that his Mom likes so I believe that camera found a new home?

My third camera is a Panasonic small camcorder. I wanted it so I could take the video of they  youngest son and his wife at their wedding and I actually pulled that part off. It also had a nice feature  where you could take  still shots even when you were recording the video and since the wedding was outdoors -it took lovely pictures - considering that I had not had time to read the instructions and even learn all the features. Plus, with this brain that does not want to function any more - it does not take kindly when I actually read something and attempt to remember it????

I did get the last two Used and have enjoyed them both-BUT- now this one has decided when I put it on pictures and then open the little side door -it goes blank? I finally figured out IF I just barely crack the door open it will still take the shot . But, you can imagine how hard that is ! Then I thought I could use that little peek-a-boo viewer on top and I did for a short while -untill it now goes blank?GRRRR! Then next it decides it only wants to take pictures that you can actually see WHEN you are outdoors? HUMMM??? Seems like I remember reading somewhere that -that was actually one of its bad points?

I had actually quit using it to take pictures of my projects because the colors never showed true and I was afraid if I decided to attempt to sell something that there was no way I could get a true color of something? Seems like everything has to have new LESSONS to learn - or attempt to learn. I just want something SIMPLE ! LOL

 Then today we got up early so we could leave early to go visit DH's sister in W.VA. Once a year some group over there has a "Bear Dinner" and they use the money collected for a good cause for the community and DH  loves to go and socialize and eat all he can hold. He said someone told him that they usually have 15 bear to process for the occasion -but this year they only had ten. He and his wonderful brother-in-law offered for me to go -but I stayed with my sister-in-law and she fixed us a nice pot of macaroni and tomatoes with garlic toast - now that was Yummy!

The weather was nice to. That was the first time in a long time that it was a nice easy steady rain and it rain ed like that all day long. There was a lot of wind but the temperature was in the 50's so it was still nice. Of course it throwed us late coming home in the rain and made it hard for us to see. We really prefer to be home by dark, but - you know how it is.

And here it is -almost midnight and I am pooped . SO was DH -he has already let the bed claim him . So when he headed that way I ran the vacuum  and put on his pot of coffee for in the morning and  I  put beans in the crockpot and I put a  loaf of  bread in the bread-maker, so we will have that tomorrow. I had picked up a small bag of  "sausage spices mixture  " at the Amish community store yesterday and I am  going to  grind the beans up  where they will have a texture like  hamburger and then see if I can get the seasonings  to make it  taste anything like "veggie - sausage"???????in the morning. Who knows what I will come up with??? : )

Well , I  hear my bed calling  my name also and with the rain on the roof it sounds like good  sleeping weather.
 I will bid you all "good nite" and sleep tight to all!
love to all - linda

3 comments:

  1. Seems like you really had a fun day despite the rain. You know you really should taste that bear meat...Someone told me it has a sweet taste. If I ever get the chance I will find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameras can be tricky little buggers eh?
    I am still trying to figure out my new one... probably never will get it all sorted in me head!

    I am really happy right now... Steve (our #2 son) fixed my larger, better laptop and it fits in the laptop bag you made me PERFECTLY! My other laptop is really small and looked lost in it!
    So I can use the laptop bag all the time and I love it!

    Steve now has the little laptop... and he's happy too.

    Isn't it nice when something works out.... Oh and I am going to get our old breadmaker out of the store room and start making bread.. you inspire me!

    I used to make a loaf every saturday to make the house smell devine when we were selling our Palmerston North home... it made the prospective buyers love walking into our home!
    I made fruit loaf, garlic and herb loaf....ooooo my mouth is watering just thinking about it now!

    I hope you wake up to a lovely day with no rain....or at least no wind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love hearing about your wonderful busy day. Macaroni and tomatoes sounds yummy to me too. I would love to have some of your veggie recipes. I can't wait to hear how the sausage turns out. I am not much of a meat eater even though we do eat it. If you have any bread maker recipes I would love to have them too. I love my bread maker.

    ReplyDelete