Saturday, March 19, 2011

Today is the last day of Winter!

So, let bygones be bygones as I say Good Buy to Old Man Winter and Hello and Welcome to Spring! : - )
Sure I know we still have cold days to come , but at least it will not be below zero any more! I can hardly believe it is really behind us.

I have had a wonderfully pleasant day and accomplished so much! Yea! I know the secret . It was because after I posted last night I got sick. I don't know what HOPPED on me but I was miserable. DH said it was where we went walking and I Hate to think that might have been what caused it- but - my body just better "get with the program" because I will be doing more of that . But, I had not had pain like that since they put me on my fibromyalgia pain meds -and I am hoping it does not show its ugly face to me again! But after the pain hit and the chilling and the exhaustion and then I was falling out of my chair when DH happened to pass by and told me to go to bed. Somehow I made it to the bed and then I was dead! I don't think I moved a muscle until 6AM. That was great!

So I sneaked out of the house so as to not awaken DH and I went and did all the chores outdoors. I love getting them out of the way, so I do not have to worry about something getting in my way of getting to them. I just feel better when I know all the animals have fresh food and water.

I came back in and treated DH to biscuits. See what having energy can do for you! : - ) After we ate and DH went and borrowed our neighbor's tiller that fits on the back of a tractor and he tilled again. While he was doing that I ran the vacuum  to collect all the doggies fur  in the floor . Then  I headed toward the sewing room . I knew I had a piece of  fabric that I could turn into something neat.

Disgusting ! This camera is no good at showing colors because this piece of knit is snow-white with little red and green flowers all over it and it feels like thermal. I thought I had enough to do 2 shirts , but when I opened it up it was very narrow so I had to settle for one shirt.

But to start with I decide to alter a shirt pattern to better fit my sister-in-law. She has narrow shoulders but she wears a 2x to a 3x. So I put down the pattern I had been using and then drawed on a completely different shoulder but kept the bottom width. It took me an hour to resize the pattern , but now I have it all drawed out and that will save me time the next go round.

This is how it turned out, but gee whiz ! You cannot see how pretty it REALLY turned out.But my day did not end with this . I also did 3 loads of laundry and put them all away. Then DH had an adventure too.

You see this little critter? Well, she is a guinea , just in case you have not met one before. I call her Henny Penny and I did  have her mate - Lavender - who I adored.But of course the hawk got him right out in the front yard! I was so upset!

But, some people have them to eat bugs out of the garden because they do not scratch up your plants. She has always been so funny -BUT -today she almost met her death . DH was on his tractor and he said he saw her and she was fussing -but the next thing he  knew - SHE attacked him on the tractor! I have seen her threaten vehicles before , but he said she flogged him on the tractor and the bar on the tractor was what saved him from being hit in the face. We were both stunned and bewildered.At least he did not fly off the handle like he did in his younger days. He even took me outdoors to watch her stalk him and I could hardly believe what my eyes were telling me? He tried to figure it out all evening ? Finally he took off a blue work shirt and went out in his normal white tee shirt and she did not bother him at all. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO hoping that it was the SHIRT that caused the uproar?????????

Just about everybody came to see what all the ruckus was all about? Here is Miss Danny the turkey-she wants to know what all is going on??

Even Yukon  the donkey wanted  to know what all the fuss was about????

Of course , Snowball came to check it out also?

Finally DH was able to complete what he was working on which was leveling a little spot for me to move my pigeon run to. I  took his bread out of the bread machine and went to his shop where the little "meat slicer" turned bread slicer is located and sliced his bread. I took the trimmings and gave them to the parakeets. They love them as a treat.

So peace rules at last ! All because I got a wonderful night's sleep. I just wish we did not have to sleep and eat! Think of how much money we could save and then how much more work we could get accomplished??? LOL !

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! : -)
Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. How weird your guinea attacking him! Maybe it was the shirt colour afterall....?
    I hope you have a wonderful Monday...

    ReplyDelete