Monday, March 14, 2011

O MY? Not Another Boo-Boo?

That was how I felt this morning when I started work on the John Deere t-shirt. I had sewn the shoulders together and was having trouble with the serger stitches showing themselves when you turned the fabric right side out and gave a little tug to the seam? : ( I remembered that Lynne had told me that she always went over a serge seam in places of stress? I had already spent hours trying to sweet talk that serger and it had got to the point where I could Just use it again?So, I gave in and used the sewing machine to ever so carefully reinforce the shoulder seams!

It seems that I have a "knack" for getting myself in trouble. I was Paying such close attention to my reinforcing seams and patting myself on the back for doing so good! As I finished the shoulders I looked for another nice LONG seam to practice on and the side seams looked promising? SO off I went down the sides and was patting myself on the back AGAIN when I came to that point where that O NOOOOOOOOOOOO hit!
I had been so involved with the stitches that I had plum forgotten about the Sleeves? : (  I sat and studied my predicament , first considering I could RIP the side seams out and go back and insert the sleeves first and then resew the side seams???

But that step was not meeting with my approval , even though I am the "world's best RIPPER"? Gathering my courage I decided to go ahead and sew the seams on the sleeves and then insert them in the arm holds kinda like I do the collar and would you believe that it actually Worked????? Whew!!!!!!!!! Gosh, but when I am working on a project -I have a tendency to lose myself and time just escapes me.

So this is the design of a tractor and I just changed the colors out a little bit to make it make you think of  John Deere colors. DH definitely loves his "deere"-he loves the other kind too, so I hope he does not get confused and shoot the "Wrong Deere"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks kinda like he is driving it in heaven with all those colors and the blue makes me think of the clouds.LOL

Well, another beautiful day has come and gone . How fast they do that! I need to be much faster - OR - they need to be much slower?????????

Love to all and hope you have had a precious day TOO! : - )



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the shirt! And the tractor is so cute. I have been playing around with my little embroidery machine. It just has tiny things to do. I need to figure out how to get it to do larger things.

    ReplyDelete