Sunday, March 13, 2011

A New Week Already?

Busy, busy, busy - We were just finishing eating this morning when the grandkids and their friends showed up and the went with Pawpaw to cut wood while I went out and did outdoor chores.The weather was so beautiful that it makes me never what to see cold again-lol - like I have a choice in the matter????? No, just dreams . : )

I came in and straightened up and then checked the beans that I had put in the crock--pot last night. I was hoing to have some butter to season them with, but there was just a film left in the container so I melted that down and got about a teaspoon to add to the beans along with some salt. If they are kind enough to come work for free-then I have to find something to feed them. I fixed a big container of cornmeal and they all came out of the woods just as I pulled it out of the oven. Talk about perfect timing?

While they were eating and talking with PawPaw I came in the sewing room and cut out a second shirt from the camo blue that I had . This one will be for DH , so I have to be a little sneaky and that will be tough. It seems like whenever I work on something for him that he can just "smell"it and he will show up every little while and I have to hide my work quickly??? Shoot , it used to be at Christmas when I had his presents wrapped that he would hold them up and wiggle them this way and that and then he would tell me everytime what was in the package.


I guess that was when it became a contest of seeing when I could fool him? One Christmas I put a box in a box and a box in a box and a box in a box until it got to the note. Now , since he could not read I drawed out a map with clues and he had to follow the map all over the farm until he found his treasure - some kind of gun? 


But there was the time that I got him a rotor to put on the roof so that he could rotate the antenna for the television because I had got tired of him sticking my top part of the body out the window to turn the antenna! I thought I was being smart -UNTIL - I opened his gift to me which was a new tv and at the bottom was the payment book to go along with it-so a year later I could finally call it mine! LOL


SO , after they all ate and the kids scattered DH took off to the back of the property to do some kind of work and I poured my efforts into completing the embroidery design- I had found a "tractor" design and then resized it to be larger. I did it up in the green and yellow colors of the John Deere -which he has and is his 'baby". But I had just got it all finished when I heard him coming so I had to stash it until I can get some privacy to pull it all off????

It can be very difficult to be SNEAKY and cunning around here ! LOL
Love to all ! : 0

1 comment:

  1. I bet he knows you are working on something for him.. I bet you give off 'signs'...like hurrying to put it away when he comes in... or him seeing nothing in the sewing room that you are working on! Or he knows where you hide things...
    I'm sure Stew would not know if I was secretly working on something for him!... he isn't that observant really!

    ReplyDelete