Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sewers Block OR Lost in My Mind????

As you can see my assistant, the Sewing  Kitty - Miss Rosie is checking out all of our sewing tools and questioning me about what my problem is? I tried to explain to her that I am considering my options and searching for the new path. That I just have not got there YET. She is a very impatient master, but I don't blame her . I feel that way too, but maybe this brief "interlude" is a good thing. It gives me time to think , which I am not really good at. I just have this "gotta get busy" feeling , but have not put 2 +2 together yet. Ahhhhh - see just from visiting with you guys a "vision" is coming -knocking at my wee brain. I think this might be viable.

Other than that I have not had a lot to accomplish today. The weather was nice and I got all my outdoor chores accomplished . I wish there was some way to have the chores outside done in the morning before the rain starts that they are calling for -2 days of heavy rains? They have already started to lower two of the lakes in our area , Claytor Lake and Smith Mountain Lake -so maybe that will be prepared. I have seen two bad floods since we have lived here and once the lakes would get too much water it would spill over into our rivers and then that gets scary.So maybe we won't have to worry about that this time?

Actually we do not have to worry about those flood waters and I sometimes feel that my grandparents were looking out for us because my uncle burnt down their house and when we moved here I tried to put our house as close to the position of their house as I could and it just so happens that when we get hard rains the valleys on both side of us flood  and run into our creek down at the road -but our house sits in the perfect position that it does not  get flooded.Yea!  I think they must have been really smart people. : )

O Shoot - here it is midnight once again! Every time I try to get myself on a schedule - I flunk! : )
Well , love to  all and keep safe
hugs, Linda

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh but when it floods how do you get out? I know that the creek runs across your driveway!

    Go to bed woman... you stay up far too late. Pffffft. No wonder your brain is in a fog.

    ReplyDelete