Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cowboy sleeps as the last month in the year comes in

I really have been busy today-and while I was sewing this after noon DH managed to capture a picture of Cowboy sleeping on the back of my chair... Maybe he is keeping it warm for me for a while? :)

I did get us fed this morning and then while DH went up to feed the stove - I moved all the living room furniture and steam cleaned the floor. It always makes me happy to see it shining after DH did all of the work installing it.

In a way we both miss the comfort of the carpet -BUT- neither one of us miss all that dust and debris that we could always see floating in the air and it kept he tv covered in dust - NO MaTTER HOW MANY TIMEs' I wiped it down all day.
Another helpful use has been that we did not have any fleas on all of our furbabies this summer! YEA! Plus, something else that might have helped was that I made 3 pillows out of fabric that I ripped out of wore out clothing and I stuffed inside with cedar shavings! That first night -no furbaby in the entire house would even lay on them -but after about three days they started claiming them and for a couple of them I made cloth pillows with pillowcases that I placed on top of them and they really liked that. Then each week I washed all of the doggie pillowcases and  - NO FLEAS! That is the first summer that I have ever been able to say that! :)

The rest of the evening I spent shooting back and forth between the sewing room and the laundry. I still have to make my bed up - but I have a nice pile of lounge pants that I completed all of the cuffs on the pants and then Hemmed all of them with a blind hem stitch.. I hope tomorrow to work on the waist casings for the elastic and cord of some kind for the tops??? Then I have 3 or 4 more to cut out and also some more shirts and Christmas Is flying right at us.

Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. That is something that I want to make- some lounge or P.J. pants. I am gonna try that one day. That picture is so cute. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth did that cat get the name 'Cowboy'??? lol
    Glad things are going well.. and yep, no fleas is truly a wonderful thing. I. HATE. FLEAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a way we both miss the comfort of the carpet -BUT- neither one of us miss all that dust and debris that we could always see floating in the air and it kept he tv covered in dust - NO MaTTER HOW MANY TIMEs' I wiped it down all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is something that I want to make

    ReplyDelete