Monday, December 6, 2010

O GOSH ! How time is flying!

O Gosh , I wish I could have more minutes in a day-. That old saying , "the hurried I go - the behinder I get"! sure fits right for me.And Cold - I HATE Cold -or maybe I should say my fibromyalgia Hates Cold. It was 15 this morning  and that was fine as long as I did not have to leave the house. But around Lunch time I went out to do critter chores -water pans were all frozen and I carried fresh hay for the guinea pigs that are out doors so they can make their own little beds.

Then DH said he Had to go to town to get some kind of a blade and a furnace filter and I needed that bulb for the flashlight that our older son gave me, and I needed to go to the post office-but I just did not want to go.But, go we did and then we stopped at the post office last. It was kind of a sad visit because I had never purchased anything from the post office before and I had one gift that was an odd size and I could not find anything to ship it in. The regular gal was talking on the phone and she hollered at a girl cleaning to go help me? I would have done alright - but she came flying and I showed her the gifts that I was trying to ship. She tried so hard and tested all different kinds of things and finally decided on just getting me a plain brown box and shipping it someway . So we moved to the counter and she was tapeing the box and then she changed her mind and had to do it a different way , so she had to pull off this special tape and I was filling out these forms for customs. I had never shipped anything out of the USA before and then DH came in to check on me and of course that made her more nervous and he said something about it taking so long and I could see she was already frantic and by then I had signed the paper on the wrong spot -so she gave me 3 more papers to sign and I realized she was about to put the wrong sticker on the wrong box. By then more people had come in - so she decided that she would just charge me and then she would fix them all up after the people were gone. I am a little worried about these 3 gifts - but it broke my heart to see her trying sooo hard . I wondered why the regular post mistress did not come and help bale both of us out -or at least help the line that was forming . I do know that feeling of being overwhelmed  and I Hated to see her feelings hurt . So, we headed for home! YEA!

We were both hungry and DH had said something about sloppy joes -so I took some of the deer venison and made him homemade sloppy joes over homemade bread and I ate the last of the fish soup. I am glad it is gone because that can of fish was disgusting! We had bought 4 cans of it last winter and it tasted TERRIBLE and it looked TERRIBLE . It was not the right color or the right texture or the right smell. I wanted to take it back to the store and in order for me to say take something back - you know it has to be TERRIBLE!  But food is slim so I decided to just eat it and shut up! YUCK! DH was the one that suggested that maybe they had just put in a different fish than the mackerel and I think he is on to something!  Then clean up some dishes and hit the sewing room! YEA!

 These are the bibs that I was able to get from the left over flannel scraps from cutting out the lounge pants. The pink one is for the only little girl born this year and the other 3 are all boys. Talk about the "Year of the Boy" - this was certainly it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, I even managed to get them wrapped and recorded and started on a new project!

These lounge pants are for my youngest female granddaughter -somewhere in the teenage years. There are getting to be so many "kids" of all ages and all sizes that I am beginning to become bewildered! Now you see why I HAVE to work on Christmas all year long. I would never pull it off otherwise - and because my Mama made Christmas so special to me - I love to do something for somebody else- and I could be wrong - but I belive that handmade gifts are special.???

I am beginning to think that my little angel "Maria" -is helping straighten out that mischievous sewing angel -because I am having better luck!  !

Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad you are so cold!
    I'm too hot.
    lol
    Those lounge pants/bibs etc are neat... you rock!
    Next year I am going to start making Christmas presents in JANUARY... NO more getting frantic at the last minute for me! I have learnt my lesson this year for sure.
    What a bother at the post office you had! I hope you got your mail finally off!
    Right...I'm off to make a mug rug! We call them 'coasters' here.

    ReplyDelete