Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bad News

Dear Blog Family,
I will make this short and sweet -well not so sweet - I just did not want to leave you hanging-and if our life lessons can help any of you with the lesson on cancer-that is what I would wish.

We went to DH new cancer doctor today and he is a wonderful doctor and caring human being.It's been a long time since I met a doctor like him. He listened to every word about DH's life. I had been trying to keep a Stiff upper lip -so as not to add more stress-but this doctor was so kind and so honest that I just lost it and the tears flowed like a stream. I was mortified - but just could not turn the pluming off!

He gave him a new cancer drug and a stronger pain pill to help ease the pain in his hip and leg. The drug store was out -but they will get them in by tomorrow. We go to the hospital 4 times tomorrow for different tests and then we take them back to the new doctor so he can see if he can shed some new light  ??

After 42 years of marriage -not counting the three of dating - I just plain do not want to lose him. We have really helped "raise each other" and he is a part of me. We went through bad times , just like most ever couple I know. We started out innocent like most couples and then 4 years into our marriage he was burnt terribly in a explosion at a rubber company he worked at. The suffering he endured was so terrible . Then after he survived he turned to drinking because he could not bear to have his looks changed so drastically and those were the most horrible years. I loved him dearly - just kept praying for my DH to come back to me. It took 30 years -but finally in 1999 he turned his life around and become the boy I had fallen in love with again. Now, he generally treats me like a Princess -maybe that should be a Queen - I'm a little old to be a princess.:)

We have to go to the hospital 4 times to morrow for all different tests - so I am going to scoot on to bed , so he can drag me out of bed in the morning. So, if you have someone you love dearly -be sure to tell them so.

love, linda

3 comments:

  1. I'm saying some prayers for you both.
    Hugs from across the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and love go with you both.
    Hugz
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad... I hope like hell it's not too bad and he can be with you for many, many years yet. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete