Sunday, December 12, 2010

The start of a new weeek

My downfall this morning was that I was feeling all exhausted and dazed. I was disappointed because I wanted a productive day. The simple reason this had befallen me was the fact that I stayed up too late and did not get enough sleep. Anytime I do that - I am not worth a hill of beans the next day.:(

Then the weather was clear but with warning clouds and as the day went on it threatened to snow. I went out and did the critter chores a little early so I would not have to be out in the "rain " - that they were calling for.(RIGHT)

When I went back in I made us a nice pot of veggie soup and for some reason it was delicious. I told DH that was very strange because the last couple of pots I had made were not that good and I had used the very same ingredients? You could even tell this one was going to be good because it smelled so good. Nothing like a good pot of soup on a cold -cloudy day.

I was still feeling like I was in a daze and I kinda "puttered" about-but did end up getting one pair of lounge pants accomplished and off of my wee little brain. :)

This next pair is for another granddaughter who is 17 and just had a baby boy. These youngsters seem to be in such a hurry to just "grow up" and it worries me so much.

On this pair of lounge pants I tried to attach a pair of beads to the cord around the waist - just so as to add a little touch of something different?

Another  note is now that it is dark the wind has really picked up so that the cold just seems to blow right through your clothing and send chills racing over your body.  Then you toss in what looks like a shower of snow flurries and Burrrrr! If I could only get a good nites sleep - that would help my concentration a lot.  You know how it is with "kids" -no matter what age they are-when you know something that they are dealing with you just want to solve it for them -and - sometimes they just have to do it themselves? But, still we worry. :)

So I will bid you "good night" - OR - good morning and have a wonderful day - OR a wonderful sleep. :)

3 comments:

  1. You are right about a nice pot of soup on a cold day. Just Yum!!
    Yes the young ones are always in a hurry to grow up and then later we want it to slow down. LOL. Best we do not worry to much as they will do what they want.
    Love the beads on the lounge pants.
    Keep warm and snuggle up in your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie,
    Well, I love those lounge pants...very comfy looking and cheery. I often make soup in the crock pot, and it is so good in the winter weather.
    I love to make soups and serve it with wonderful tasting homemade bread.
    Take care and havce a good night's sleep!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete