Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Seems like ten blinks of my eyes and a day is gone.

What a short day. We got up early 5 AM to go get DH's dentures fixed-but - it was SOOOOO Cold that our outdoor woodstove was not working right.It has a temperature gauge that tells you how hot the water inside it is and it was way down -yet burning all the wood that you could cram in it. The wind also was part of what was making it so brutal. And, I was SOOOOO sleepy that I just could not keep my eyes open. DH decided we better stay home and let him fight with the stove. I was soooo grateful to oblige that I stumbled back to bed and was sound asleep before my head ever hit the pillow.

When I awakened it was late and we did not have the average breakfast foods -so I fixed us cornbread to go with our "peas and potatoes" cooked and creamed to go over the cornbread. My girlfriend shared this recipe with me many years ago and even though It is so appreciated when times are lean - it seems like "comfort food" to me.

DH then reminded me that I had to go try to get my drivers license renewed and I sure did not want to let it lapse and have to take the test all over again. The cold and my fibromyalgia just DO NOT play good together. When I get cold - I start to go numb -like you would be tranquilized and slowly you "freeze up". I cannot think or even work and when it gets to that stage I usually pass out and have to sleep until my body temperature returns to normal. Then I come too and feel like a tractor trailer ran over me. And, that does not count that my brain just will not function and the harder I try to force it to concentrate -the worse it gets.

Like when we went to the Division of Motor Vehicles and I got chilled just from walking across their parking lot. By the time I was called to come up front - I was already showing signs -not only counting I was nervous. So, when it came to filling out the paper-work my hands were already starting to shake. I got lucky and the lady was very nice - so that helped. If it would have been a "grumpy - grump" I believe I would have broke down in tears.

So, we were on our way and had to stop and get supplies for the chainsaw. Finally we were on our way home and it was getting dark and that worried me because the water bowls were frozen all day and I was anxious to get everybody some warm water.

We made it home and I went out to do the chores and I was so grateful to get them accomplished.But, by the time I had finished -I was getting that "freezing up " feeling -good think we have heat in that other critter building! That helped me a lot.

I am beginning to think that Fibromyalgia acts just like a spoiled brat-it hates the cold and it hates being too hot - so there is just no way to please it.And when all these things happen to you - it steals all of your strength. BAD, BAD Fibromyalgia - this is definitely the wrong time of the year to lose your energy! Too much needs to be done yet.

But! Somehow I have managed to create another pair of those lounge pants. These will be for my youngest son - I do not know why there can be so much difference in flannel, but this pair is really soft. I do know that DH likes his so much from last year that sometimes he uses  them like long johns under his clothes he wears outdoors.  I do know that one pair I was working on the other day I had to try them on to get a guesstimate of the size.I was amazed at how soft and lightweight they were. But, I am relieved that I accomplished one more gift.:)

I hear the dishes calling me and I HAVE to work on the bills and Have to try to get to bed early enough to get up and the morning and try to get his dentures worked on.My counselor  wants me to speak to the dentist who broke my tooth and see what he says about getting it fixed - but I do not like confirmations of any kind -so I do not know if I can or not. I guess I will just have to get some sleep under my belt and see what the day brings.

I hope everybody is staying warm. I don't think I have to worry about my friends in New Zealand or Australia because they are enjoying the heat.If only we could share with each other -we could mix and cold and the hot and come up with a really comfortable temperature!  Not so here - it is 15 degrees - I HATE the COLD!

Love to each and every one of my blog-family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment