Friday, December 10, 2010

Yea - a few moments

Yea, the house is mine - ALL- mine for a little while. The house is cruddy -I think everything in it is dirty-dishes, floor -laundry and probably me too. I just got DH out the door to go to our youngest son's house to attempt to help with his frozen water again.

I had dishes in the sink and the wash machine running and I am attempting to work on lounge pants again. I just finished this one for my brother-in-law  - but I have a feeling that I do not like the legs????? They look a little too wide to me and I was debating taking the hem out and going inside and taking a seam to make them look a tad more trim????

HUMMM??? Well I did that and can you tell any difference?

Well, maybe a tad  OR maybe my mind just wants to believe what I told it! :) Well, either way I am off running once again! We are now at 40 degrees - that is a heat wave to what we have struggled through this past week and they say that starting Sunday it will turn even colder than this week.

I would not fuss about the winter at all if we could just stay in the house and enjoy it, But with DH out cutting and hauling firewood to keep us warm - and - he feeding that hungry stove every few hours - EVEN - through the night - I am so fearful for him. Not only this stupid cancer that has come back to show its ugly face - but also the thought that he might slip on the ice and get hurt bad. I guess I will just have to keep him covered in my prayers  and JUST WORRY FOR HIM. I know we are not suppose to worry about things that we cannot change-maybe the difference is that I really am hoping for a change. I am still waiting for that cancer tea that I ordered for him from California . I think we will start that to begin with and then he has a checkup on this new medicine the week after Christmas . After the New Year I am thinking of putting him on a flush. We did that one time before 3 years ago and it made a big difference in his psa levels. I don't think either of us has ever just "taken " something at face value without giving it our best shot.

I am praying that each of you is having a wonderful "count down to Christmas" and watching those smiling faces.
love to all! :)

3 comments:

  1. My prayers go with you both! It is such a hard time for the both of you. Linda, thanks so much for your lovely gift. I have a package that will be sent to you next week. I loved everything that you send me, and thank you so much. I posted a pic of it on the blog, and wrote a poem for you.
    Much love to you and your husband!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda...
    Never heard of cancer tea? What is that?

    How are you animals/fur babies in this cold weather?

    Glad you had a few minutes to yourself...we all need that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You.... are a naughty monkey! Fancy sending me that parcel... when I know how tight your finances are! BUT... THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am thrilled to bit to get a parcel in the post... and I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the laptop bag and wee bookmark/mug rug!
    I am blogging about them tomorrow.... cos I am just so chuffed you did that for me. The laptop bag will fit my bigger laptop perfectly! AND I can get my little one in it too at the same time.... double good!

    Now as for those lounge pants... they looked good before you took in the leg too... I think it all depends on how big or small the person's legs are eh? lol

    Either way, they are neat... as per usual for your endevours!

    Keep up the good work... and at some point take a break for Christmas won't ya!

    ReplyDelete