Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dear Husband is in for a surprise too. :)

Lounge pants are so funny here in our house. I made DH's first pair 3 years ago - so this will be his third pair. The funny part is IF I would have called the PJ's he would never have touched them-BUT- because lounge pants are now popular to "lounge" in he really loves his. He will take his shower and then put on his lounge pants and that means it is time to just "chill-out"!

This is the design on DH's and the funny part is on Black Friday he took me to JoAnn's Fabric store and they have their flannel reduced . That is the day I wait for  and I had DH looking for designs for all the different guys in our family and he was doing a really great job! I think it always helps to get your information straight from the "horse's mouth".

We were making good progress and one of the young ladies saw us and brought us a buggy to put our treasures in. She was funny and as she passed by she held up this piece of flannel and made the comment that I should make DH something out of this BECAUSE sometimes men drive women "BANANAS " !  So, that is why he will be receiving a pair out of this . LOL  Plus, sometimes he is like a little monkey - always into something! :)

We had a really beautiful day today. The temperature was in the 40's and that was Wonderful! It melted a LOT of the snow and one of the grandson's and two of his friends came up and helped DH cut our firewood. Then they lifted the big pieces and used our log splitter to bust them up to make them manageable. I fixed them beans and fresh cornbread . They had worked up a good appetite and wolfed them down. There was two bowls left so DH and I had them for supper.

I told hubby that I hated we did not even have money to give them for their gas. That stuff called money is the pits and it is not just us. Our youngest son (the one that had the baby lately) lost his water and they all got together yesterday and pulled the pump up - only to discover that the pump had burnt up.:( He checked how much one would cost and it is 400.00. I also know that they have received a termination notice on their light bill.With his back still out -he kinda has his  back up against the wall. We have given him a little money each month - but not enough to support a family and then this had to happen. :(

As I was wracking my brain trying to figure out where to find a money tree -one of his friends stopped by . They talked about money and Emmett did not want to borrow the money he offered -so the boy told him that he knew Emmett was a good shot with a gun -and they were having a shooting match tonight. He told Emmett that he would pay all the fees to shoot and IF they won anything they would split it. Emmett has his heart set on winning that jackpot. I did not want him to get his hopes up -only to be disappointed -plus , I wondered how he would manage with his back and crutches? I am sure a lot of the men would be more than happy to help him along-but I am like my son & really have my hopes high too. I even offered to sell my wedding rings-but he and DH said they did not want me to do that. I would not want to , but my children are more important to me than the rings and maybe that that is why I have them? I will just wait and see how it goes tonight. :)

Our weather is suppose to have a cold rain tomorrow. Burrrrr. But that is better than snow in my eyes. I like snow for Christmas and that is it  because it is hard to get around in , both in the car (for people going to work) and outdoors for me as I do my chores, plus it makes it difficult for the animals.

Last night DH went to bed early and after he had gone to sleep I sat in my chair for a bit-just counting my blessings. We have a roof over our head and our little house is warm  - thanks to all of DH's hard work. All of my little furbabies were either curled up on me -or - beside me and we were all warm and happy. To me - that means the world because I know there are people out there that have no home and out in the weather and that breaks my heart. All of my children and grandchildren and great grand children are all mostly healthy . There is love in our family and that is a biggie!  I have the computer that lets me learn how to do so much  and my friends really do live in there! :)

As I was thinking and thanking my Father in Heaven I started to get drowsy so I waddled off to bed with my furbabies leading the way for a good nights sleep.:)

As my mind was roaming as my eyes were getting heavy I thought of all my dear friends and the ability we have to communicate through our blogs -I know how important that is. We have the freedom to walk through the doors and visit with each other as often as we want and we do not bother the other person because we are both doing it at our convenience and I like that too. I do not have to worry about intruding at the wrong time. I do know I am So  blessed and my  blog family means the world to me. :)
Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest post that I have ever read. I love the "lounge" pants. You are very blessed to have a family to help you like they do. I don't know what we would do without ours. And you are so right. Blogland is special. We are blessed with friends we would never know. And I am so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your DH will love his Monkey lounge pants.
    Sounds like you had a great day. Hope you had a good sleep too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here your lounge pants would be called Pygama pants! But I think calling them lounge pants is excellent! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete