Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hump Day already-no wonder I'm getting older every day???

On top of a Busy Day - I managed to pull off this set of lounge pants that looks a lot like outdoors - Snowflakes! :) This set will go to daughter-in-law # 2 who  just had the baby and the green will kinda match Emmett's green with lizards. Weeeellllll - I am still in the green family. :)

Such a busy day-we got up early and took off the 2 hour drive to get DH's dentures adjusted-but -nothing can ever be simple. They tried adjusting them for him -but ran into problems- so they decided to make him a whole new set and we have to go back tomorrow to pick them up?

While in the waiting room I worked up my courage to ask the sweet gal at the front desk - about what the dentist had said about fixing the tooth that he broke when he pulled the one beside it. She said , No Problem-just go to your dentist and have him fix it and bring them the bill. I told her that was the problem - I just could not find the money to go to the dentist-so she said to tell the dentist up front to send him the bill?

Since I do not have a regular dentist -I kept wondering how in the world would one dentist know if I was telling the truth???? Everything seems so complicate to me? I did look at the partials today and was amazed at how nice they looked and boy, would I Love to fill up that big hole I have right in the front center! :(

We Had to wait a while till they could give DH back his old set of dentures and it was so pretty outside blowing snow-like a winter wonderland.I was so grateful to have DH to share in this beauty with. We came home and I was able to go get all of the frozen water bowls from the chickens and pigeons  while it was daylight! YEA! I washed them all up and carried fresh warm water and they all dived in and I had to laugh-they made me think of DH drinking his coffee and I was so pleased to know that they are all alright.:)

I came in the house and was just about to sink into a chair to catch my breath from that cold wind that was whipping -but DS called and asked us to come over because he had groceries for us. Never turn down free groceries! While we was there we got to see baby Emmett and he woke up good and hungry! Meagan took him in the bedroom to nurse him because there was several guys in the room. I am SOOOO proud of her for nursing her baby. I think it takes a lot of courage . She and I had talked about it before hand and I told her that I had nursed all 3 of mine and it was a lovely experience -plus, no bottles to wash and the milk is never too hot or too cold.  :)

We came home and the Christmas lights were on in our little town and they were really pretty. I am just sooo tired . I checked my email and tomorrow evening is my first Sewing Guild meeting as a new member IF we make it back in time. I emailed Lynne and told her that I had a problem about going to pick up DH's dentures and making it back on time to catch a ride with Lynne. I am so excited about getting to do this.

I know it is not "just me" that is getting slammed with too much to accomplish before Christmas. So I wanted to encourage each of you in all of your holiday endeavors. Love will carry us all through! :) I say this as my brain is telling me that the bills I was suppose to put in the mail today is still setting on the tv?  :)

Love to one and all! :)

1 comment:

  1. Linda, you always have so much energy and accomplish ten times what most people accomplish. Kudos to you!

    When our temperatures drop down below freezing we have to keep a close eye on the animals drinking water too. Especially our goats as they drink the most. What a chore it is to melt the frozen water in their water containers! Especially as they are trying to drink while you're working to get them good water. LOL

    ReplyDelete