Sunday, May 23, 2010

Which Path To Take?

Today is a very lovely day and with high spirits I head to the sewing room. I cut out a tee shirt for my youngest daughter-in-law out of her favorite color - green.Green has significance because it has these properties:


Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. Green is a safe color, if you don't know what color to use anywhere use green.
Green is favored by well balanced people. Green symbolizes the master healer and the life force. It often symbolizes money. It was believed green was healing for the eyes. Egyptians wore green eyeliner. Green eyeshades are still used. You should eat raw green foods for good health. Friday is the day of green. Green jade is a sacred stone of Asia.

Green Energy

Green contains the powerful energies of nature, growth, desire to expand or increase. Balance and a sense of order are found in the color green. Change and transformation is necessary for growth, and so this ability to sustain changes is also a part of the energy of green.
Put some green in your life when you want:
  • a new state of balance
  • feel a need for change or growth
  • freedom to pursue new ideas
  • protection from fears and anxieties connected with the demands of others

Green gem stone properties

Green gemstones are used to attract money, prosperity and wealth. They are balancing stones that promote growth and fertility. Carry, wear or place green gemstones around your home or office to promote balance, change and growth.


Isn't that so neat.?? I got so enthused while the embroidery machine was working -with me keeping a close eye on it  - so it would behave)  that I happened to run across a song on U-tube by the Celtic Women and they captured my heart. How truly lovely! I had to take a break and listen to their music . It was like being mesmerized - I could not move to sew - it seemed like my heart was dancing. What a truly wonderful experience.For once it was an honor to be human and have your spirit take flight.  Then back to work -I have put the shirt top in the embroidery hoop with stabilizer behind them.

 Next I had to decide on which design I had decided to use for her.

Of course I almost got myself in trouble right off the bat. I had saved the design without checking about the size and If I had not noticed it - my fairy would have been sideways instead of right side up? Thank goodness someone was watching out for me!


It took a couple of fights between me and the embroidery machine - but we pulled it off so far.



 So, this is the front section of the tee-shirt for her -and the embroidery design did not "eat it " and ruin the project - although there have been a couple of times when it did . One time I was embroidering a shirt with a horse on it for me and it got all the way down to the last few stitches and it YANKED the fabric down into the embroidery hole where the needle goes and tore a hole in it. I was heartsick because I really wanted that shirt bad and had already put a lot of work into it. I sat and pondered a few minutes while I had a little pity party and then I had a Brain-freeze! I yanked that puppy out of there and took a needle and thread and embroidered a small butterfly by hand right on top of the horse and it looked great. That sure did make my day!  I am sure there are a great number of people who use embroidery machines that will have similar experiences like that to share with us.

Well, my dear family - it has started raining here and I need to run and do a few things!Have a great day and have many "Happy Trails" to you. :)

1 comment: