Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ornament lessons

We never get too old to learn new things-even if we are slower to learn??? LOL  First we had to run to town for DH to pick up some parts and I picked up 3 cartons of strawberries ! I was really going to INDULGE! I could hardly wait to get home -open the carton and cut them up so I could wash them and then Inhale them. YEA - RIGHT! Would you believe all three cartons were rotten? YUG! So, we had to drive all the way back to Wal-mart . Broke my little heart. So, I decided I needed to hide in my sewing room for a while-to at least accomplish something?

So I started out cutting my rows first and then cut the rows into 2.5 inch squares .

My stash is growing as I cut the 2.5 x 2.5.inch squares. :)

Next step was to take them to the ironing board and fold the squares over into rectangles.


Now fold the rectangle in on both sides , so you have a triangle.

So now I have little tee-pees.

I am starting my first row of the dark color - it made the center appear to be a yellow star. :)

My first row of dark triangles are all pointing up toward the yellow star and each corner is pinned.

Next I start on a yellow row.

This is the second color I am trying .:)



Well , I have got three started - I think I will leave the hanger till I have a few more finished.

It is really raining cats and dogs here -I am glad to see it though-the land has got so dry.
Hope you have had a lovely day -or-night! :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! LIKE wow, those ornaments are amazing! Totally love them... are you hand sewing them??? More instructions needed... though I don't really understand how you have done them ... except the folding bit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lesson. I'm going to have to give this technique a try.

    ReplyDelete