Wednesday, March 31, 2010

After Midnight

Here it is after midnight and my day has come and flown away from me. No wonder I just keep getting older each day!

We were having breakfast this morning and some of the boys (grandchildren_) came up to help DH do a few things - like cut wood or bust wood. We had to leave at 3 for DH to take me to counseling for that dumb ole post traumatic stress that resulted from that dumb wreck. I said it was bad enough to live through tough times when I was younger and thought I had buried all that mess - but to have it come back and haunt  me in my dreams -really STINKS.

I really love my counselor - she is such an angel. I find myself opening up to her when I cannot to any body else.

We made it home and I fed DH and he put new spark plugs in my little Tracker , while I straightened up my mess.
I know it is time for bed because my body is telling me how tired I am and my head is fussing at me because I did not get to sew any - BUT- that little angel popped up and grinned at me and said - Yes, but you did do some thing to do with sewing today - didn't you? Why yes I did - my second box of knit fabric arrived from Fabric. com -all 17 pounds of it and I love the looks of it.

One thing I was having problems with was understanding the properties of different types of knits.And some of the stores were No help at all because if I looked on the end of the bolt of fabrics - it would say - unknown contents.

But I have found a method to my madness! With each order of fabric - they send a bill of sale on the prettiest pink paper ! So, now I take that bill of sale and cut a very small piece of the knit and tape it onto the sentence that describes each piece . That way I am slowly starting to get the feel of all the different properties and how to use them. I am so thrilled.

After I had fixed the paperwork on them - I carried them all back and put them in the wash machine and dryer - where they are still at because I    asked DH If he would help me fold these pieces because TWo of them are 6 yards long and they are in the dryer looking like snakes all coiled every which way with each other. They give me a terrible fit when they do that.

When I was able to go aggravate Lynne I would carry the whole big pile and with her magic fingers - she would tame the wild beast! I wish I could bottle her and take her out and sniff her magic - so that I could then tame the beast. I guess until that day - I will just do the best that I can do and if you hear me hollaring all the way to New Zealand or Australia - you will know that  I am taking a beating from the fabric that I love so much!

So , Happy thoughts to one and all  and enjoy your "day or night"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I thought I heard someone hollering from a looooong way away! Dont let that tangled length of fabric get you Linda...Run!

    ReplyDelete