Friday, March 5, 2010

Talk Turkey

Cory enjoys turkey hunting in the Fall and when I found this design I was tickled. But as I started to work on it  I was worried because the stitches were so thin and scattered .  I plunged ahead and now I am glad that I did.The end product looks good.

I kept trying to remember some turkey quotes  that would "spiff" it up a little and so I did a little research I ran across this one that I remembered from my youth. The meaning it is to get down to business , but anytime there is turkey season for the guys - all you can hear is Turkey - so I thought that was  Talk Turkey also.

Well, this turkey is ready to Gobble for Christmas. This piece of knit was a tad bit heavy - but I think it will be good to wear in the Winter time. I wish I could borrow his body to see how it fits. but I just aim for a target and hope for the best.

This is the completed design after all was over.
The weather was nice because it got up to 49 degrees here today. It was so nice to see the sun out. Everything enjoys the sun and I can see some of my flowers peeking out from the earth. March is sure coming in like a Lamb so I wonder if it will go out like a Lion????

Would you believe that from where I am writing about the process of creating each project . I am understanding that a gift takes more time than the actual sewing and that time gets away from you. Some projects the fabric comes first and some projects the idea comes first for a particular person, and then the searching for designs takes time also.But the one common denominator is the love and appreciation that goes into each project. I keep a visual picture of that person in my mind and send them thoughts of love with every stitch.I remind myself how lucky I am to have people to love -I think that is one of the greatest gifts that life has to offer.

How lucky we all are.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure Cory will love his special sweat shirt made by his Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool shirt. We 'talk turkey' here too. Nice to know your flowers are trying to come out, must be getting warmer!

    ReplyDelete