Sunday, March 21, 2010

Just Start Somewhere

This was a lovely day. DH went to our oldest son's house so he could use his garage and get free "Help" with the brakes on his truck  and to get son to weld a hitch on his truck for him. We are indeed - very lucky to have sons that are so talented.

Time to do what I want to do???????????????/  I think I got "overload" as lots of  projects flash through my head - so I love this  phrase - just start somewhere - and I have found that helps. This is a piece of the orange that I made youngest son's fishing shirt - so I decided to attempt to make a shirt for his lovely wife - soon to be mother of a new grandbaby for me. :) I'll just let her do all the work and me have all the fun????

Of course my little antique - Pee Wee came in to help oversee the work - with her 20 years of experience.

And , of course Rosie is watching over the lower level to make sure everything is ship-shape.

Not to leave out Little Bear -the sheltie - She is such a doll.

While I was attempting to work on this project - I put all the rest of the box of knits from Fabric. com into the washer and dryer. This is the way they always come out and they give me a FIT. This would definitely be the time to have a friend drop by. When Lynne had me under her wing - I would just beg her to help - it is so mach easier to tackle this job with TWO.

O Shoot - you cannot see this beautiful fairy that I worked in greens -because greens were her favorite -but she told me yesterday that she was now adding some pinks also . I told her that pink and green go good together.

This is a close up of the design. Her birthday will be in July as well as the other daughter-in-law also.

So to top off this wonderful day I fixed hubby one of his favorites - fried apple pies - that put a grin on his face. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your pets look so comfy there!
    I am getting really tempted to give making a t-shirt a go after seeing how many you have made! Sadly I cannot do the gorgeous embroidery on them though.
    Maybe one day I can afford such a machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely t-shirts! I have to say that I am amazed that your dog is 20 years old...That is so nice!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete