Monday, March 1, 2010

Tooo much life gets in the way.

I have no picture to share today - no sewing fun at all. DH and I had to run a few errands in town. At our first stop we came back out and got in the truck to leave -but when He turned the key it just made a very weak whimper. I was thinking that brand new battery should be better than that, we had only had it one week.

Well, after some searching - it was determined that the problem was a blown head gasket. O NO! It just kills me to break down And need some help of some kind. I called our oldest son and discovered that he was not working today -due to mud- and if we could get it to his house(about 13 miles ) then he would put a gasket on for us. DH borrowed a bucket from the store and filled it with water and used it to refill the radiator as it was steaming like a freight train. And you would know - we got stopped at every red light on the way. It was a nightmare. The older I get the more I hate stress.

But we did manage to make it to son's house and son and dad went to tearing it apart while daughter-in-law took me to get the gasket that son had called for and asked them to leave it out for us. So, that part was nice. Thank goodness that I have these wonderful mechanics in the family because I do know how expensive it is if you do not. !!!!

Tracy stopped on the way home and bought pizzas for everyone to eat.  Well, the guys got it all put back together and it was after dark by then when we start for home. Everything was good coming through town,but after we got on the little country road all of a sudden all the lights went OFF! Scared me to death AGAIN because it was pitch dark and we did not have a flashlight with us  and with no lights -if another car had come along it was have been VERY scary because there was no way to get off the road because it was a small road and banks on each side. Just then it spudders and all the lights come back on. I am trying to get my heart to calm down when Our dear little truck starts bucking like a bronco - really! I just knew each buck was going to be our last as it banged my head against the window and the seat. Peace reigns once again as we head for the barn.DH said that was some small wire that hooked to the carburetor!For those last 3 miles I almost held my breath! I really, really love home - but today I triple loved home!

I sure hope that all my friends have had a great day! !!! I sure did envy you today. ~smile~

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lynda so pleased you and DH made it home safely. I would have been scared too.Sitting in the dark in the middle of the road and nowhere to go.
    Hope you head is okay.

    ReplyDelete