Saturday, March 6, 2010

Utt OOO! After spending a couple of hours online searching for the perfect design for my oldest son's 4th Christmas shirt - I finally found something that would hopefully be "just his cup of tea"???? But as I let it stitch out - it did not sew out like I had thought it would . It did the turquoise trim first and then when it came to the black - it just sewed up an outline of a truck when I was expecting it to fill in the colors of the body of the truck??? At first I was puzzled because I have never seen a design like this. And then I kinda liked it, except for sewing the outline  on top of the trim's color. I kept thinking that when you see a vehicle that you usually notice the paint job and not the outline so I went back and resewed the trim over top of the outline and I liked that a whole lot more.

I was hoping you could see that the turquoise now stands out more -now that I have sewn it on top of the outline. I do like that more and I have just a couple of stitches to complete the design.

OK - a whole day's work , but it is completed . It is amazing how much time you can tie up in a project.

This is what the design looks like up close and also it the "pocket" that he wanted. I even sewed everything together and then remembered that I "forgot" to put the pocket on , so I had to go back and sweet talk it in. I Hate pockets! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Why do you hate pockets so much?
    Are they really difficult to get in or what?

    ReplyDelete