Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dark and Gloomy Outside - creativity inside

Got the house chores almost caught up and then hit the sewing room . I am so excited to be working on another shirt for myself! This one is intended to have long sleeves. Since DH installed the outdoor wood stove and ran ducts throughout the house - it stays much warmer in the Winter and all the rooms have heat- not like when we had a car radiator sitting in the living room blowing heat. The living room would be hot , but the other rooms would be cool.

I got that design on and now I need to trim away the stabilizer.



So that is why I am working on me a long sleeve tee shirt instead of the sweatshirts I had made. Plus, I must be related to my oldest son because I like the color gray also.I put a little stabilizer in each of the shoulders and then headed onto putting the neckband on


. It was looking good  as I finished the neckband and decided to run that row of topstitching around the band to make it lay down flat. I was half way around the neckband when I came to a dead stop and started laughing. When Lynne and I were sewing together I had told her that I liked a zigzag stitch - it must have come back to haunt me because instead of a nice straight stitch around the neck - I had forgot to change my stitch back and I now had a nice zigzag around the neck! So , instead in pulling it out I just decided to go with it. It turned out right nice. Now I know how new inventions are invented- somebody stumbled into a mistake and discovered that they could work with it and make it their own. ~smile~

I am attempting to put the neckband on - Lynne really helped me with my glitch that I had when it came to attaching a neckband . She told me to zigzag around the neckband first to keep it together like it should be instead of another case of my "drunk sewing" which wandered all over the place and I always had a little pinch when I was almost finished. It did not matter if I held my breath or concentrated till the cows come home - I always muffed what I was working on. But, this little tip has saved my sanity! Thank you Lynne!

 

Plus, now that I have some scraps I am going through them and starting on a new batch for DH for this next Winter.

 Now I have sewn my shirt together it is time to iron it to set those stitches and make them behave themselves!

It is nice to have a project completed and it REALLY feels strange to complete something for me.
Yea! Now Mocha can travel with me anywhere I go and yet she can stay home in the bed so I know she is safe!

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented. I love seeing all of your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one cute shirt with your little pooch on board. Well done Linda.

    ReplyDelete