Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pee Wee still alive

This is the little "hinkle" that went for a swim in the pond at midnight! I have swooped her up and brought her in the house and gave her a "warm" bath to help warm her up. Then the hair dryer and some good ole fashion rocking in the rocking chair -until she had that seizure-after that she really did warm up and start panting. I think my heart just started to beat by then.

But - it gets funnier-Pee Wee has always been a character from the day we got her from the dog pound . She was a happy little dog to find herself a home -and she really wanted to thank us profusely! It was getting to be bedtime - and when I went to lay my head down on my pillow there was a "lump" under my pillow - I squealed and jumped up and discovered a very dead guinea pig  that was suppose to be my gift from her - and she did not leave DH out either. I have had guinea pigs in my life ever since I was about 10 . So , I gave Pee Wee a very good talking to -in a gruff tone - and she has never killed another one to this very day. She was just so very grateful .

She has almost raised 3 generations of children -my baby son who is 26 - my first granddaughter who is 18 - and now some of the later grandchildren . Ashley who is a little blond headed angel - when she was small she used to pick Pee Wee up like you would a baby and carry her all over the house.When Emmett was small they would play chase and tag - all around the coffee table and through the house until neither one of them could get any more air , without a break. Chantal was about 5 and she was always one of those children who was a little rough - and when she and Pee Wee would play chase - Chantal would "whop" her a Little too rough so Pee Wee would turn a round and bit her to let her know she was too rough.

Pee Wee has always treated others like she likes to be treated

O, let me finish the story from last night. It was after midnight when we went to bed and since Pee Wee is so arthritic she has a pillow bed in the floor so she won't fall off and break something. I put her to bed and pulled her cover up to her neck and we all settled down for a good Spring nap. WRONG! I was almost dead to the world when I heard her little feet hit the floor? I heard her totter around the bed and stop at the opposite end. (Now - I do not know what goes on in her wee little head) but I keep it blocked so she will not get hung behind the water bed where I would not be able to reach her. So, she came to the end of her road and here starts the arf - ARF for a few rounds and receiving no attention from me it then goes into a full rolling howl!

O Dear ! I am one of those  people who cannot lose sleep -without - losing my mind ! So, I stagger around the bed and pluck her up and take her next door to the sewing room -where she has her own bed , ect. in there too. Back to bed I go and almost asleep - HOWLING at the top of her little lungs  . I knew she was alright so I pulled the pillow over my head for the next half hour and then peace and quiet rule in my corner of the world and I died .

This morning I got up looking for any mess the little squirt had made since she cannot get out doors and in my drunk stupor - I run into hubby -who looks like death himself. LOL - I asked him what had happened to him? Pee WEE!!!!!!!! She had moved from the sewing room at about 3am and toddled through the living room and to the door of his bedroom. She had started the arfing and the howling at his bed. So , he got up and carried her to her bed in the living room , where she had politely stayed about 10 minutes and then went back to him to give him more grief till about 6 am this morning. LOL So, we both looked like walking zombies!

So, that is why I have not sewn anything today - TOO BONE TIRED!  LOL

DH did say maybe if we tried to keep her awake more this afternoon -that she might sleep through the night- thus, allowing us to get the shut-eye that we both need so badly. (Matter of fact - DH is in the living room sawing logs as we speak. ) I am afraid to give into the urge -because I might not sleep tonight , if I should.

So, today we had this very old piece of some king of cage tucked away and we brought it down so we would not lose her . I had thought about a collar and a piece of crochet thread, but I was too afraid she would hang her self - that is why we went with the cage  frame. Not much room , but I only let her stay out for about 15 minutes at a time

These small angels who come to share our lives are such a gift and she is the longest living pooch that we have ever had before. Life is an adventure. So, hug all of your little (or not so little ) furbabies and count your blessings.

Love to all and have a wonderful day - or night! :-)

2 comments:

  1. They really are a member of the family, aren't they? We rescued a Cairn Terrier from the humane society several years ago when the kids were toddlers. He was the best pet I've ever had. He went everywhere the kids went. As he grew older he developed arthritis in his hindquarters and was unable to get onto the furniture or climb the stairs and the kids would carry him where ever they went to keep him from crying. Unfortunately, when he was about 17 years old his body gave out and we had to put him to sleep. I felt for the vets office staff as we all spent the last few moments of his life crying like babies and saying good-bye. It took us a long time before we could have another pet.

    Hope you have a better night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda,
    You just left me a comment on my blog so I came to yours to read some more, and now I'm almost depressed...but I do feel closer to you, a new blog friend. I am so sorry to hear that your dear friend Pee Wee is struggling now at the end, because we just lost our dear old Jake Boy, our 12 year old bloodhound! He needed total care the last 3 weeks of his life, and had needed lots of care the last 6 months. He died this Feb 15th...so it hasn't been that long. Now if you really want to hear a song that will say exactly how we feel about our dear little friends PW and Jake...here is the song...called God and Dog

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY

    I know that I will see Jake and my other dear pets in heaven, because how could God create such precious creatures and they not be with us in the heavenlies. Yes, heaven is to worship and serve the LORD forever, but it is also a place of beauty and 'our heavenly home/mansions', and I for one would not want my new home without my dear animal friends!!!

    I also have a picture of Jake taken in the last weeks of his life. I had blogged a lot about him but I started my blog over last week. His picture is on the left sidebar of my blog. My Tillie is about 9 years old and our cat Patches is 22 years old! She is still a stinker and keeps us amused!

    I also feel like time is flying and my sewing room is a mess and it is hard to keep motivated when I should be cleaning it up. I'm a paper person, and so have stacks of papers to go through. Good luck with getting to your room soon! Cathy

    ReplyDelete