Friday, March 12, 2010

Roller - coaster of life

Some days it seems that the harder you try -the more complications there are to jump in your path. All I wanted to do was sew - and I found myself taking all kinds of little side roads  - you know , like laundry and dishes and cleaning up the floor and running the vacuum and feeding DH. Time was already tick-tocking  away from me and I cannot help but notice how it flies away  - never to  return. I was so thankful when Cory called his dad for  help putting down concrete for a new building  they are putting up.

This quiet time was exactly what I needed , but the harder I tried to make progress - I just kept getting side -tracked with another job?? Finally I headed to the sewing room ! Yea! Like a kid at Christmas - only to realize that I did not have an embroidery design for this project?? I remembered that I had one that I had used a couple of years back of a little chihuahua - but I turned the room upside down and still have not found it! Isn't that the way it always is???

O, then I remembered that I had thought I was so smart and I had downloaded all of my designs onto my first flashdrive. I was so proud of myself  when all of a sudden I remembered disconnecting the flash-drive from the computer and it fell into little pieces in my hand.  Aaaaahh - memories So, that distraction led me on a search for something????This took me about 2 hours! I must be the slowest person on the face of the earth???????? I get all frustrated and then I do not ENJOY the process - I just jump on the bandwagon of :HURRY: HURRY : HURRY!

And then when I get in that mode - something else always happens . I had my shirt cut out , I had my design and I started on the project. Things were going good and I turned my head and the whole project jumped out of the hoop! GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! Well - Peanut-Butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I manage to put it all back together and start once again  when I hear a Hello - and know that DH is home.  I am trying to listen to him tell about putting the cement down in the rain and tying to keep my eye on the design , when it catches my head turned and breaks the thread - a few times.

I just have to regroup ! I need to think positive and then Things will co-operate ! Testing , Testing, Testing! The good news is that I am almost finished - O NO! The thread breaks and is a big mess ! I hope to extract it and discover that it is wrapped around a small spring deep inside the machine ! GRRRRR! I really do believe that those springs are a problem spot with these machines because this is going on the fourth time we have had to take the machine apart to get down to the problem spot and it looks so flimsy and that is why maybe it just reaches out and grabbed the embroider thread????  I am too scared to repeat my performance of last year where the machine doctor kept it all that time!

Moving right along -almost there and my bobbin runs out. So , while I have it down I load two bobbins and the first one makes a funny noise -but I am not smart enough to check it out. I take off again and the bobbin white thread is all showing on the top! GGG! I am glad it is not somebody else's project - it is mine -thank goodness. The white is looking pretty good on my pup , but then then the thread starts to look fuzzy - so I give up and tear it all apart again.

This time I can see that the bobbin is exploding - well , it is ???? You know -when the thread piles on until it is ready to pop the top off of it. So, I switch over to a new bobbin and things are looking good , once again. Moving right along - and - yep - thread breaks once again - this must be normal - you know - like a period at the end of a sentence??????? :)

OK, I am heading down the "home-stretch" and down to my last color -this should be quick. Yea! Right - this must be one of the top 3 dumbest designs I have ever used. It has started making dots ALL over the design. So, I stop it and chase down all of the jump stitches before the project gets buried in them. I clean them off and it puts them back -until I give up- clean up the jump stitches and yank it off before it can be ruined any more. I am just so grateful that  this is a shirt for me! I definitely know NOT to use it on a project for any body else. That is a shame because my daughter - in- law has two little chihuahuas and I had planned to do a shirt for her - but it will not be this design. Guess I will have to hop back up in the" Saddle of Tracking Designs"and keep trying. But at least it does not have a hole in it and I will not mind to wear it and get it dirty like I hate to get some of my other ones  dirty. LOL  Maybe that was the lesson I was suppose to learn????????? :)

 Hoping to make more progress tomorrow! Happy Trails to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. As I don't have a machine like that... I have virtually NO idea what sort of problems you just encountered! Cute design though.
    Thanks for your email...{{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete