Sunday, March 7, 2010

Youngest son 's fishing shirt

DH had to work outside today and that meant a Perfect day to sew -whoopee! This fluffy pile of gray knit is one of the fabrics that I got from Fabric.com . I am so happy to have them come to my house, especially since it was 1.95 a yard.! Now to just come up with the right kids to the right project????  At times I feel like a "fabric beagle" always sniffing out the perfect gift :)


Since I am dealing with a Long piece of 60 inches wide tube I have learned I can do better by cutting off  enough to cut out the front and back piece.


This is where I am attempting to cut off a nice slice for the sleeve and the neck band. You can see that "sweet little slicer" after it has worked its charm on a nice clean cut.

Time to pick out a design and this one is going to be cute. It involves fishing and I think it will please my youngest son - who loves to fish.

Of course my sewing kitty, Rosie is keeping her eyes on me -trying to keep me straight.

OK, making progress. Sometimes my project starts because I run across some special fabric and believe it would be perfect for a certain person -OR- sometimes I run across the design when I am looking for a design for somebody else, and sometimes it is just dumb luck.

 

 
Here is the completed design , so I have another gift completed.

I even listed the gifts in my Christmas List - that I keep so I won't forget and give all the ones I love the same gift every year! And then I even wrapped them for presents -so now they are looking forward to Christmas already.

I am hoping that if my embroidery machine gets sick again this year- maybe I can get most of my gifts completed  - or - maybe at least it won't shut me down right at Christmas once again. I never dreamed that the sewing machine doctor would keep the machine for 3 months???????

Our weather here was so beautiful  - it was 50 degrees and sunny . All the snow laying around looked so funny with large places melted and then piles of snow???? It has been a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. Love that shirt! I love to fish too... but sadly hardly ever do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt is awesome, including the embroidery!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete