Monday, March 29, 2010

Critter Day

So sorry - the day just gets away from me. I have spent my day doing critter chores - I guess Monday is a good day to get everybody clean and happy. My chickens really want to be let out , but we have a tribe of coons (really - we are talking almost 20 of them ) that raided my chickens last year and they killed around 20 - then some two legged chicken snatcher ran off with all 27 in my little hen house! Now for that I was really MIffed!

I would not have been so upset -but the little rooster they stole from me was my "VERY FAVORITE" - he was white covered in gray spots all over and I just adored him.I have the chickens that have a nickname of "the Easter egg chicken" because they lay green and blue eggs ! Makes it so much fun to go get the eggs.

I did wear my "embroidered pants" today and I really do like them, they are a little big, but maybe when I wash them they will shrink a little? Nawwwwwwwww - probably not BECAUSE I want them too. :)

Then when I was attempting to get ready for bed I noticed one of my "furbabies" was missing -it was my little 20 year old antique. I looked the house over -could not find hide or hair? I took some rugs out on the front porch to shake and I heard a funny noise? Down the steps I flew like St. Nick! She had fallen in the pond and was swimming in circles and could not get out. She would not come to me -she is deaf- and I almost fell in as I tried one direction so I hootchey kootchey - around the other side and was able to finally grab on to her. She was ice cold and trembling like a leaf - so "away I flew" (St. Nick again) and put her in the sink and gave her a bath and slowly warmed her up - then used the hair dyer on her and she is still shaking like a leaf. I hold her close and then she has a seizure and I hold her tighter. Finally she breaks out panting and now she looks good. Bless her little heart ! Maybe now she and I both can get some "shut - eye " and try again tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. EEEEE Gads... I would have panicked if our Teddy fell in a freezing cold pond.... I am so glad you managed to save her!
    As for the pants shrinking.. you can bet your bottom dollar they won't... just cos you want them to! Pffffft
    I kept a few chooks (chickens) years ago.. and loved collecting the eggs. Can't here in the city, what a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day you had! Glad that everything turned out well with the rescue!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete