Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Work, work, work

Today was one of the best work days I have accomplished in a long time - but - it was because DH was working outdoors all day long with a young man helping him.

Of course I started off doing outdoor chores and then came in and moved the furniture to where I could vacuum good and with all the mud we have had it was plenty dirty. Then I pulled out the steam cleaner and got all that mess up. The steam cleaner is one of my favorite cleaning tools because it does a wonderful job and only takes a little water. Thank to it - the floors are shining - for a little while at least.

Then I snared all of my furbabies and gave them baths - got 9 of them bathed and that only leaves the collie and the sheltie  that will not fit in the sink to wash. They were all pretty disgusted with me. The pekingese was the dirtiest of the lot - but that is because she loves to run to the top of the hill at the back of the house and she gets down on her belly and drags herself all the way down the hill!.

Then I managed to fix a big pot of vegetable soup and have it ready for when DH and friend came in . I even headed to the sewing room and managed to look at the fabric that is left and tried to figure out which is the best way to go???? I pulled out a pants pattern for me to study it. I REALLY do need some new pants -you know how it is with something that you like - it just seems that they get wore out the most quickly.

But DH came in about that time and was telling me about some cheaper gas he had found today and he wanted to fill my car up and that was the town I wanted to go to for some groceries and some critter necessities . DH had wanted another smoothie and we looked at the big box of powdered milk and it was almost 17.00!!!!!! and they say prices have not gone up! We did not have that much money left over - so will hope for the best.

Now, it is time to do some evening chores and get ready to go to bed and get ready for another day tomorrow . I am hoping I get my head on a little straighter and get to sew?????

Hope everyone is well and happy! 

2 comments:

  1. Funny... it's the evening there and the morning here.
    My sister and I ... well I don't really 'get on' with her that well actually!
    We are like chalk and cheese... she is NOTHING like me in personality. She is kinda like the BLACK SHEEP in the family. An alcoholic, manic depressive... she drags everyone down. Sad but true.
    If she wasn't my sister I'd have NOTHING to do with her.
    *sigh*
    Sorry to dissapoint you on that score.... sisters who have a wonderful relationship are very lucky. I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as though you have made a lit of progress. I think grocery prices haven't risen for those who don't have to pay for their groceries... In other words, other people do their shopping.

    I use to sew all of my clothes but have not done so for a couple of years now because I have to make so many pattern alterations now that I'm older. LOL

    ReplyDelete