Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fabric.com thrillergy continues! :)

Have you noticed the many ways that we become inspired? Sometimes we just "birth" one idea - all of our very own and it becomes a part of us. Sometimes we see something in the store that turns our light on - sometimes we see the work of others and become inspired  in a totally different direction or sometimes it is while we are thinking of who we would like the project for - and it just visualizes . Also I have noticed when I am "ON the Prowl" -searching for a design for a person - that I kinda stumble over some thing from that hunt that would be more suitable for a totally different person and I am learning that when that happens to make a note of it -or I will forget all about it and still be at square one when I get around to doing something for them. Then I remember that lost "possibility" and want to "thrash myself" for not taking the time to write it down.Or sometimes it is just discovering a piece of fabric that really rocks your world. And some times I feel like what they call "Writers Block" or I guess we would call it "Sewers Block" - !!! YEA - I know that it what it is! And I HATE to land in that spot. There is something about the ability to create something and that feeling is a type of energy that creates life. We all think we are but one person - yet when I visit the forums or the fabric stores  or have to stand in line at the fabric store and you share a conversation with another  and you see all these ideas come to fruition. We become as a Sewing Force and she share a common bond of love .



So , yes - I would like to thank each of you for all that you do to make our world a more beautiful place - because what you create comes from your heart.

I guess I had better get back to the Fabric. com thrillergy. Right now my monster box  of  knit fabric that I was my first online purchase of fabric. I had always thought I would not purchase that way - you know, because we cannot run our fingers all over it  and have it speak to us. But, this was definitely a Wonderful purchase and I am just thrilled to have it entice me . My youngest son has a red beard (much to his annoyance. Since I am a red head or a red head headed silver . When he was born he had the most beautiful red hair and the moment he popped out my first words were - "CAN IT BE"???? But then as he growed - so did the brown and the only way I can prove he has the red genes is that beard. LOL . So one of these pieces of fabric is a color orange , just in honor of him  and that is the one I have been working on today.
I had already prewashed  and dryed it, but as I laid it out it was giving me a fit - like a kid!

I would not give in to its problems so I ironed it first and then laid my pattern on it. Now it is behaving itself.

It always amazes me how you end up with a little pile of pieces and these will turn into something else. I believe that is what I call the Magic. :)

This turns out to be my finished project. I did get tired and wanted to quit, but I kept on plugging along.

And this is the design I picked because this will be a Birthday shirt .

My one blooper is here on the neckband! Something black my iron spit out! !!!!!
Happy Dreams to one and all.

1 comment:

  1. Heehee, I love that design. And the colour of the shirt is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete