Friday, March 26, 2010

The Pants Venture

AAAAH - HAWWWWWWWWWWW ! DAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See what happens when you have a brain that actually functions??????????? You actually get to lay out the pieces of your project and have enough fabric for all the pieces with out losing your mind and your heart. I was so tickled to accomplish this !

See, I actually have all the pieces of the pants cut out and Now I have a little piece of leftover fabric, and I still cannot make sense of the patterns directions , but I do remember what my beloved Lynne showed me! I am spouse to sew the inner leg seams first -but then where I got confused was where they showed a double stitch around the "horse shoe shape) . In my mind that was from both legs laying on top of each other - NO~
There is a reinforcing stitch around the curve of the two pieces of legs I had just sewn. What I have to remember is to one on one leg at a time and when I have two separate legs - THEN I am suppose to turn one right side out and insert them into each other - with the right sides facing each other! !!!!!!!!!! Now, why can I NOT remember that???????????

Then you add a casing at the top for the elastic and you hem the legs and you have a pair of pants! YEH!
I have something neat to show you - What does this look like - ???????  Wait, let me give you another tip?

I thought this was sooo funny . While I was working on the pants and I Had the Music on ! I happened to see the rugs moving in rhythm to the Music! Rosie was kneading to the sound of the music! I had to stop and admire the scene. I knew this had to be a good day because everything was going right and even the critters were happy too!

What was that ole saying about music soothed the savage beasts???Wonder if they were referring to humans OR 4 legged furbabies?????????????? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment