Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Sneaky Snow

  Our weather men were only calling for an inch of snow tonight through tomorrow???? DH had to make a trip to a town that is 35 miles away for some parts he needed . As we picked up his parts the little snowflakes started drifting down ??? Then we stopped to get critter food at the mill and it was peppering it down now.

By the time we came home there was 5 inches down. We unloaded the truck first thing so the bags could dry off before it soaked through  and get the pellets and corn all wet. That snow was all over the bags and our hands were about to freeze as we yanked them off the truck as fast as we could. I was so pooped by then , something about riding makes me tired- I do not understand it?

Once we hit the house I ate a salad and DH  ate scrambled eggs and baloney. Then I cleaned up the floor from all the mud and drank a glass of tea and I headed for the sewing room??? It was late by then and I pondered what to tackle.

I decided that I would start on DS's Christmas shirt . He always says he wants Gray shirts and I have trouble finding gray. That is I always did have  trouble until I found Fabric.com. Of course I wanted a design first . I had thought about putting a design on the pocket first?????But then I decided to attempt a design separate??

I found the ugly skull face and I added : My One Last nerve!  Between his job and the snow and the kids and the grandkids??? I just thought he might be down to his last nerve?? LOL


Of course a couple of my "side-kicks" helped me keep my head on straight and not make too many mistakes! This knit I would call medium weight , but it has a different quality I don't know what to think of . When I went to stitching the hems around the bottom and the sleeves it wanted to making stitches like the lettuce edging???? I did help smooth most of it out by ironing it and attempting to set the stitches???


Of course since Cocoa was watching the process on the table - Miss Rosie was keeping things straight under neath my table. It really helps to have someone "watching over your". As wild as I can get - I need all the help I can get! LOL


With the help of my guardian angels watching over me - one shirt is finished. He wanted gray and he will get gray. He wanted Short Sleeves -so he will get short sleeves??? I would have thought long sleeves for winter-but no - he wanted short sleeves for all year long  - AND- he wanted a dumb pocket - so I kinda mustered a pocket! But, I still HATE pockets! I am sure there is a lesson in there somewhere! ~smile~

1 comment:

  1. Nice snow picture. I am sure DH will love his shirt with the pocket.

    ReplyDelete