Sunday, March 28, 2010

First of the week AGAIN?????????????????????

We are having a COLD rainy day and it has been so dark all day long that it kinda eats at you -challenging you to do anything .



But I have managed to cut out a pair of slacks - I am definitely running out of fabric - that is why I ordered some more yesterday and am anxious for it to arrive. :) I am pondering if I should deliberately put some embroidery on the leg instead of it becoming a boo-boo and just doing embroidery on it to cover that up???  Decisions, decisions, decisions???



O , one thing I have learned is that new scissors are SHARP!!! and they have no conscience!My ring finger is here to testify to that fact. OUCH! But I did get a bandage on it so it would not bleed all over the fabric.



I am trying to stick the progress of pants in my head . First put a front and back together and work on them first.If I want embroidery on the leg I will have to sew the pockets on the side of the front and back and then sew the side seam so it will have room for the embroidery??? If I don't want embroidery on them, then I can sew the inner leg seams first on both front and back?Hummm???



I think I will sew the pockets on first , making sure I have right sides facing each other!
Next I will sew the front and back set together along their side seam and encase the pockets too, with right sides facing .

OOPs! As I had started and got around the pocket good, which is not normal for me! But I have the sides uneven and I will "ripe" it out and try again.  I do have real life frogs out the window and I can hear them singing. I wonder if they can hear me in here -singing - rip-it , rip-it , rip-it????????????????? :)




Well, I just could not help myself -so I had to go with the embroidery and now I am paying for it.What ever is wrong with this Brother PE-700II  that the dealer could not fix. It is breaking threads and when you look in the little window you can see them wrapped around a little wire. Phooy!



OK -got that fixed AGAIN and on we go. I have learned that this design is too much of a challenge to me. Plus, the new stabilizer is only Half as thick as my older pack that I just finished up with. Bad, bad, bad!The older one was Zieglers and the new one is Thread Art - a new lesson tackled.Another thing I learned as I tried to open the new box of stabilizer with a kitchen knife- Knives are sharp on their pointy end and when you poke into your finger - it will bleed - so run for a bandage so you will not get blood on your project. :)

Now, my batteries in my camera just went K-poot! I had not had them in the camera long at all. GRR!Then the next set of batteries we put in -were dead -in a brand new pack . So, we tried the next two and finally had some success.:)



I am kind of amazed at myself because all of a sudden I have fallen in love with the blind hem stitch and it is definitely not one of my strong points.  So, I go ahead and get the legs hemmed and as I am studying the waist I am pondering? I have been making a casing and then inserting the elastic -stitch the elastic together and stitch up the little hold where I inserted the elastic and I am good to go.Only all of a sudden I am remembering a different technique that Lynne had shown me where you sew the elastic in a circle and then sew that to the top of the waist band. I know it is a lot harder but that would help with a problem I am having with the elastic in the casing wanting to walk all around in the casing???? Wonder what I should do?

 Well, I guess we all know that I decided to attempt the waist elastic set in kinda like I do the neckbands on the tee shirts. I will be very anxious to see what I think of it when I wear it
Well, I did get the one pair of slacks finished and with all this rain and dark skies it was a work in progress. Then I managed to feed the DH and fix him his chocolate shake that he enjoys so very much. I hope each of you have had a "blessed day" that was our gift.
hugs to all

1 comment:

  1. OUCH to hurting your finger. Hope you didn't get blood on your work!
    The wee frog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete