Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Fibromyalgia day

I have awaken to a beautiful Spring day. The sun is shining bright and it is suppose to be in the 60's today. After the rain everything smells so fresh and clean. Just the weather is enough to inspire you. I really , really would like to make me a pair of pants. I have that fabric from Fabric.com and I pulled out my first pattern to consider, it is a Mccall's pants pattern , but it is for rayon fabric? So, I checked and I do have a McCall's pants pattern for knits and I  have used this pattern before to make sweatshirts and liked it very much - I just had to raise the neck. I have not tried the pants so it might just be the right time.



I have decided that the pattern is too long for me - so I am attempting to shorten it up a few inches. I am having a challenge blending the one Length into the shorter one.Then I Always have trouble laying the pattern out on the fabric because I guess my drunk sewing transferred onto my drunk - laying out of fabric. I attempt to save as much fabric as possible and in the process I always get my folded fabric crooked-lay it out and test with the pattern piece and then unfold and refold and try not to get puckers in the fabric. You would think I would overcome this handicap, but so far It has stayed with me for 4 years, no matter how hard I try. Fold , test -refold - test - refold -test???Some things never change. I guess the one thing that keeps me going is the fact than now after 4 years  I am getting better with the neckline on those tee shirts.:)





O NO - I have laid it out wrong and , now find myself with not enough length for the next set of legs :(
Do I go do chores outside and take a ""chill"" pill or do I attempt to see IF I can sew a piece of fabric on to make it work - only have a blemish? If it was for anybody else I would chuck it and use the scrapes to make a doggie pillow, but since it is for me - I am considering the patch theory for me? HUM? I realize now that I was thinking of tee shirts having to be on a fold!GRRRR!



Well, I cannot bear to waste scraps so I will take these pieces that are big enough and cut our more gloves for DH for the coming Winter.





I sure am taking "risks" with this project. I decided to embroider some kind of design where the seam is? Maybe I can salvage it?
 
 I knew I was in trouble so I Pinned the seam first -because I knew in my heart that I would sew it wrong and I was right . At least all I had to do was take the pins out and rearrange it. Then I discovered I had cut them too short????



 To make matters worse I sewed the pockets to the leg and ripped that out and then sewed the one the Wrong side and ripped that out and finally got them sewed in right. I know what is wrong - it is my fibromyalgia fog! I despise it - when it descends on you - it is like your brain is in a metal cage and cannot find its way out. I finally got the pockets sewed in right and I put a band around the bottom of the leg to make them longer.

Let's just say this project has tested the wind in my sails. :)

I am calling it quit today and hoping tomorrow will be a more productive day. I hope you have had a wonderful day  and been touched by the magic of life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you had such a difficult time sewing your pants. I always find that the moment I have one issue everything seems to snowball afterwards.

    Nancy Zieman has a great method for altering patterns. She has written a book and has a companion DVD that illustrates her method so even a beginner can follow. Here's a link to the set if you're interested:
    http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/sewing+with+nancy/books/pattern+fitting+with+confidence+book.do
    If the link doesn't work, go to www.nancysnotions.com and do a search for Pattern Fitting with Confidence. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made myself pants. I don't think I shall try now after seeing all the problems you had!
    Nice colour thought. Drool.....

    ReplyDelete