Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why can I not remember to write things down??

One thing I am amazed at is how much time it takes to finish a project. I am learning this because of the blog and keeping notes , I now see that it is not the SEWING that makes the project. It takes research and dreaming and getting supplies  and getting time !

For instance , this morning I knew who I wanted to make a project for . I also knew which design I wanted to work with  - one little problem was that I did not know exactly where that design was located. Before I had a computer I used to laugh at #1 daughter-in-law because she was always losing things on her computer and I used to wonder how she could lose them in that talking box! But , now I KNOW!

So, I started Looking - now where was that pesky little design. Another good thing I learned is that while you are on the trail of a specific design you may get lucky and find some other designs that you will be needing. I no longer think that I will remember where they are - so today I was dragging them and putting them on my desktop for soon to be use.

Just when I was about to give up - I FOUND IT! Yea! Only thing was now - as I studied my notes from Christmas I realized that I had not written  which size I had used for each person. Another case of "O, I will remember that??????????????  NOT!

Back and fourth I go , trying so hard to remember - but I could not! Then I get a brainstorm - watch out I can be dangerous! I decided to start with daughter - in- law #1 which will take a size large tee shirt  . I will make it and study to see what size it really is. If I think it fits #1 - then it is too large for #2 and I will know to cut a smaller one . Hummm? Am I making any sense?  Sense or not - that is my plan.

It just so happened that I had washed another piece of my Fabric. com material. This was the one piece of jersey fabric I could find in the sale - most of it was the double rib knit and it is a heavier fabric. This one will be lightweight and comfortable. This one will be for her birthday in the summer, I know , I know - the way I move , Summer is Just around the corner.

We had beautiful weather here today - up to 70 degrees and Spring coming Saturday. I wonder if we have another big snow in our future - just before Summer rolls in????

No comments:

Post a Comment