Saturday, March 20, 2010

Life is never ending changes

I started out the day accomplishing a lot of things. Got the DH fed and mess cleaned up , then while he was checking on our outdoor stove I headed to the embroidery room. Last Christmas I had made 4 shirts - 3 different sizes - one for both daughter-in-laws and one for two of the granddaughters. Then like a buffoon I did not write down which sizes I used for each person - thinking that I Would REMEMBER .Wrong answer - just a lot of maybe's while I attempted to pull it up in my memory.

After making the one yesterday for daughter-in-law #1 and being shaky about IF I had made the right decision? Today It would have been for the youngest daughter-in-law #2 , but I kept thinking about it and then decided I would alter the pattern and hope for the best. So, while I am pondering and cutting - my youngest son who is the youngest daughter-in-law's hubby -called and said they wanted to come up and talk to us about something. ???? Of course - from that point on - all you do is Worry and you imagine everything under the sun??????

Well, we did the visiting "thing" and then some of the grandson's show up and we all do more of the "visiting" thing. I had frozen some little apples last fall . They were funny little knotty apples and I had worked on them all day and ended up with 3 tiny containers  of apples I had cooked in the crockpot with spices and I thought this would be the perfect time to share them with my family.It had been years since I had made fried apple pies and they were very much Enjoyed by all.

Finally the house started to clear out and DH came in the kitchen where we were all gathered and Emmett asked Meagan IF she had told us?????? I am trying to stay cool, calm and collected - just in case of anything  - when she said , " We are pregnant!  LOL  I almost fell out of my chair, and we were the first ones that they shared their news with ! I thought that was so special to be thought of so highly. As they left they were headed on the way to her parents house to share the news with them. LOL - shoot - I should have sent a camera with them to see if they were as shocked, especially since this will be their First grandchild!

These two have been together for 11 years and just got married last August. They said they had tried before , but it just did not happen until they tied the knot. ;)

I did read them the story that Chris from DietCokeRocks  told about a wedding they had attended and how many problems they encountered ! We were all so tickled that we did not have as many headaches as she had to face. Maybe that was just a way to make a memory that you would never forget??? But, Chris is  a very strong gal and she survived and now has great stories to share. The only way we had theirs to come off smoothly was because Meagan has one of the most talented Grandmaws - who made the brides dress and the groom's camouflage vest and tie - they were both so perfect. Now, we will just have to wait and see how becoming parents will change their lives. They are both pretty much of home-bodies anyway -so I think they will do good. I wish I could guarantee them a perfect life - but we all know I cannot. So, I will just have to keep them in my prayers.

I am worried how this news will affect my oldest son? His wife came with 4 children to start with -who he loved dearly and then they decided to have One of their own - who was a little girl-well she is not a little girl anymore-12 I believe-now. His wife had told me that he had considered using their tax money to have her reverse surgery , where she had her tubes tied - to see if they could have another baby? But, they went ahead and spent their tax money on two buildings that they both have wanted for a few years now.

I am just afraid to become excited and accidentally slight Cory . I would never hurt any of my kids intentally! (that includes my children and their partners and all of the grandkids and great-grandkids. But, it seems to me that all kids watch their siblings to make sure parents don't give one child one more piece of bubble gum than you would any other???   I would not know about this because I was an only child- and I do not know all the ins and outs of brothers and sisters?????? Seems to me that the longer I live - the less I understand?????

So, good luck to one and all and may each new season bring each of you - new adventures also. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well congratulations to the Sewing Granny...how exciting for you all, another little one coming into the family is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to be thrilled about a new baby coming into the family, I'm sure Cory knows that.
    Glad my wedding drama's entertained you all so much....Pffffft.. I'm still ill from it all!
    But... I've lost 2 kilos this weekend... so It's been worth it eh?
    I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete