Friday, March 19, 2010

Tracy Birthday shirt

I am very happy to report that I got started on my daughter-in-laws shirt - nice and early . I have noticed that when I get a late start - After I have done my chores and housework  that it saps a lot of my energy away and it affects my sewing. So, this morning we ate first thing and then DH had company and I tip-toed away. So, this is where I sew the shoulders together .

I have already sewn the neckband and am checking out the sleeves - making sure I do not sew the right side to the wrong side? This will be the one that I will be so curious about the size. From my experience - the suggestions of size they put on the pattern - do not always agree with the person.

While I was working on the sleeves - the main Inspector , Cocoa came in to keep me straight.

Moving right along - I have pinned the sleeves and the bottom of the shirt to hem.

O , Jeepers - I got lucky! It was funny too, because this was the only piece of jersey fabric that was on sale - the rest are heavier rib knits. I wasn't too sure what I thought of it , but now that is is made - I love it. And if you could just feel it - it is soo nice and Soft!
It says , Welcome to Crying Shame. Yea, I know - I'm being naughty! :)I did try it on to attempt to gauge size. It fits me perfectly and I am a XL ladies ??? HUMMMM?  I was going to attempt to make hers the Large , daughter-in-law #2 the medium and granddaughter the small? Darn it, I wish I could just steal their bodies while they sleep!

It is a drop dead beautiful day here today - SUNSHINE galore! The bad thing about Spring is ; Now you can see too much work to be done! Sometimes I wish I could "Clone" myself and then spread me out like a mini army to accomplish my work. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment