Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Plant A Little Love and Friendship Will Grow

Today was Such a beautiful day! The temperature was absolutely pure enjoyment.DH went to town to mow two of our kid's yards. One of them cannot get out to do it because of his back and the second one is in the hospital . While he was gone I managed to go out and work on chores -and you know how one thing kinda leads to something else and the next thing I knew it was in the afternoon and I was covered in sweat. I was definitely "one hot Mama"! LOL

I waddled inside and shook rugs and ran the vacuum . I had intended to wash some of the furbabies , but it seemed I had ran out of steam. I did sit down with a cool drink and heard DH pull in the yard -so I  went to check to see what I could feed him.

I had got real lucky yesterday when our youngest son -his baby - and a friend were here . I had fixed them a shepherd's pie with baked beans and mashed potatoes. They all bragged how very good it was . It hit me later that all that bragging and NO BODY even noticed that the shepherd's pie was vegetarian -and had No meat. LOL

Since I had  fixed biscuits this morning and DH loves  biscuits he decided that he would eat them with baloney and tomatoes, and I went with biscuits and cantaloupe. Man - it is such a treat to have fresh fruit of any kind!  After I cleaned up my mess and was headed to the sewing room - DH decided that he wanted to go to the hospital to visit with our son.  By the time we got back it had started absolutely Pouring down Hail! Hail! That is something we usually do not see and I did not enjoy it one little bit as it was beating on our little vehicle. Some of it was big a silver dollars and bouncing like rubber balls !Our little creek was starting to get upset and I was so glad to get home -just in case it decided to get out of its banks.

FINALLY we were home -safe and sound - and I made it to the "magic room" where the cares of the world can be left at the door most of the time. I loved the theme of the little girl - but even more I loved the beautiful blues that I rounded up to accomplish this mug rug. Chris from Diet Coke Rocks and I both Love blues!

So this is what I came up with. The little girls I had found at a flea market 15 years ago. It was a wonderful lady that I got it from and just seeing it brings back the beautiful sunny day that had been so much fun. I loved the fabric -but could nevr figure out the perfect project for a small size. They say Patience is a virtue - in this case I do agree! :)
Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment