Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hootie Owls Mug Rug

Another perfectly lovely day. Every thing is just getting more beautiful by the minute.All the beautiful colors - I always think each new year is more beautiful than the last.

DH took off after breakfast to till a neighbor's garden and then home and retilled ours.Then he planted onions in ours and white turnips and spinach. I don't know if you have ever had a white turnip before , but they are so sweet and delicious! YUMMY! One of my dearest friends got me hooked on them when he planted them one year and then I could not find the seed until the other day at the fruit-stand. I have high hopes !

I worked in my strawberry beds tugging and pulling those pesky weeds and took them to the guinea pigs. They love almost anything green. LOL I got too hot, so I came in and showered and slipping into my "magic" room and that is how my hootie owls came to be. :)

I tried a different experiment on these guys. I don't know if any of you remember when they used to sew the outline of a picture and then stuff it lightly? So, I outlined the critters in the picture to use that as the "quilting effect" and after it was finished I really like it. Gosh, these things are so cute that I will have to give them away of sell them and get rich ( HA, HA! I hear you laughing with me) As they are much to cute to leave around me - I would not want to get them dirty - put them up on the wall as works of art. LOL WeLLLLLL - beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love those owls too. Hey you were talking about strawberries. Are they hard to grow? Is it too late to plant some? I have a bed that I was wanting to plant them in. Oh yes, and Daddy is a worker. You got that right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job! They almost look real.
    I like the name you have given your sewing room, too. :)

    ReplyDelete